ROGUE HEAVEN

Chit chat
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Myea standard gamestyle. How exactly does that prevent you from being kited to oblivion? You still get scattershot/stunned/whatever, then it's crawling in the frost trap all over again.
If you save all your cds, your stun DRs etc for when you're actually able to hit the hunter, you got a max of say 10secs on him, and that only if he's not using trinket ..
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

zNow wrote:I have heard of rogues dishing out sick damage on the PTR, but couldn't be bothered to check that yet.
I'm just reading that those 8-9k DPS machines were benefitting from a HaT specc combined with the now already removed envenom glyph.
Anyone got any reliable sources for PTR damage numbers?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

It's over 9000!
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Amount of rogues in the top 10 teams in the 2009 arena tournament qualifiers: 0.
http://www.wowarmory.com/arena-ladder.x ... =rank&sd=a
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Lethality now affects all combo point-generating abilities. (Old - all combo moves)
Just to get this right. The old Lethality affected every single ability that either built or used combopoints while the new talent only applies to cp-generating abilities?
So basically it comes down to an Evis and Env nerf?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

zNow wrote:Amount of rogues in the top 10 teams in the 2009 arena tournament qualifiers: 0.
And in Europe the top 4 teams have a rogue in the team (1 rogue team in the USA top 10 too now):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/arena-ladder.xml?b=Coliseum 1&ts=3
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Fenz wrote:
zNow wrote:Amount of rogues in the top 10 teams in the 2009 arena tournament qualifiers: 0.
And in Europe the top 4 teams have a rogue in the team (1 rogue team in the USA top 10 too now):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/arena-ladder.xml?b=Coliseum 1&ts=3
Your link isn't working, armory arena ladder isn't either, luckily there is sk-gaming: http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/e ... rogue/////
Rogues aren't underrepresented in this bracket at the moment, but look at the combovariation. 95% of the teams are RMP, 100% are RMX.
We are non existant in 2s, nearly the same in 5s.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Hmm just surf to the eu armory then pick the arena button etc.

Maybe this link works? :)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/arena-ladder.xm ... m%201&ts=3
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Yea works now, RMP all the way as stated before :P

Ming made a good post for once regarding the PvP aspects of the game tschekidaut.
Aldriana made some valid statements and propositions concerning our PvE issues in this thread.
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

zNow wrote:
Lethality now affects all combo point-generating abilities. (Old - all combo moves)
Just to get this right. The old Lethality affected every single ability that either built or used combopoints while the new talent only applies to cp-generating abilities?
Very confused aswell.
But as I understand it, it's just a tooltip fix.
No nerf no buff.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Schneel wrote:
zNow wrote:
Very confused aswell.
No nerf no buff.
Well if you tear the quote into pieces, you see that they changed "moves" into "point-generating". Doesn't sound like the same to me?
On the other hand I really don't see a reason for them to nerf our finisher damage. Let's hope you're right :P
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

zNow wrote:
Schneel wrote:
zNow wrote:
Very confused aswell.
No nerf no buff.
Well if you tear the quote into pieces, you see that they changed "moves" into "point-generating". Doesn't sound like the same to me?
On the other hand I really don't see a reason for them to nerf our finisher damage. Let's hope you're right :P
Yeah the words "combo moves" are kinda confusing, and I guess that's why they're changing it. As far as I know the talent never affected finishers atleast.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Nearly forgot to post this, old but important. Regarding rogue's overall PvP damage, especially in 3s with RMP (burst):
We recently fixed a much publicized rogue bug where the Glyph of Backstab interacted with Dirty Deeds to cause too much damage to stunned targets (basically attacks other than Backstab were benefiting). We were concerned that with this bug fixed, Subtlety rogues would suffer a dps loss. Therefore we changed Sinister Calling to increase the damage bonus to Backstab and Hemorrhage from 5% up to 10% with max ranks.

Edit, I replied with this info, but also editing it in here to get more exposure:
This change is coming in patch 3.1, we have not hotfixed anything at this time
Glyph of Backstab combined with Dirty Deeds is providing a +20% damage buff to your stunned targets from all your attacks (yellow, white, poison).
And there were some people thinking rogues were fine because of their representation in the 3s bracket. Lawl!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

And there were some people thinking rogues were fine because of their representation in the 3s bracket. Lawl!
I thought they were fine because they can stunlock me to death from 100% to 0% when they stun me on my mount!
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Fenz wrote:
I thought they were fine because they can stunlock me to death from 100% to 0% when they stun me on my mount!
Dear Blizz!
Nerf Scissors! Rocks are fine...
Yours truly, Paper

Yes, I know you weren't all that serious about it.