ROGUE HEAVEN

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Last edited by Lateralus on 03 Feb 2009, 11:32, edited 2 times in total.
nostra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by nostra »

Can`t resist ... must ...post..
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Rogues in PvP
We think it is closest to point 4. We like where rogues are in PvP in terms of damage and utility, but other classes are doing too well. (Source)
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

Lateralus wrote:
Rogues in PvP
We think it is closest to point 4. We like where rogues are in PvP in terms of damage and utility, but other classes are doing too well. (Source)
:shock:

did i understand it wrong or do they actually think rogues need a pvp buff
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

Toenibbler wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Rogues in PvP

Do you even play arena at all, can understand late being a warlock and all tho. :P

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/2/all/all/all/all
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

well i play rogue in arena also :)
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Toenibbler wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Rogues in PvP

Oooookay, wrong time wrong place! Feel my wrath.
Tell me in which way rogues are equal or even superior to either one of the following classes in PvP: DKs, Hunters, Ferals, Wars, Rets, Mages, Ele Shams. Even some scrub speccs like enha shamans are really close to us atm.
The problem we have is, as already pointed out by Mister Blue, that we aren't bad, the others are just superior (nice way to sneak around the statement that rogues suck, btw). What can we offer? A good burst with cooldowns, okish overall damage, mediocre survability with cooldowns. Now the problem is, there are classes which can do twice the burst, thrice the overall damage without blowing any longtime cooldowns. Those classes at the same time have double the survability than we do. One fulltime stun on us in any other bracket than 2s, and we're dead.
Another real big problem is our utility decreasing drastically as the enemy numbers go up. In 2s we're okish, in 3s we can rock with RMP thanks to CC only, in 5s there is no fucking way to not instantly kiss the floor.
I don't pull this out of my ass, and it's not only my biased oppinion. Check Schneel's link, check the amount of rogues in every bracket in, say, the top 50. It hurts.
Ofcourse there are super duper rogues still managing to beat 2,4k+ ratings, but that's no proof of rogues being fine.

And since it feels so good, I'll just go on and whine some about PvE. 5.5k max DPS. Not like i'd have to add anything more, but here it goes. Right now, you're forced into one specc to max out your damage, and that's Mut. Nothing wrong and nothing new to be caged into one specc for PvE, but the tree is a fucking joke and a real pain to play. You got that one +15% damage talent, how broken does a tree have to be. Then you have to spamm that single button every 30secs during the whole duration of the raid. So you got atleast 3 to 4 timers to keep track of, if any of it fades you just lost a big chunk of your dps. Fun, really.

I really hope 3.1 brings some changes, although my hopes are low. Nothing announced so far but a 1min HfB, a slight change (buff, nerf?) to poisons and a possible variation to the standard Mut build. I have heard of rogues dishing out sick damage on the PTR, but couldn't be bothered to check that yet.
I guess the best happening to us, atleast Peeveepee-wise, will be the nerfbat hitting the DKs. Yay.

¤, taipoh.
Last edited by zNow on 16 Mar 2009, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Shizume
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Shizume »

zNow wrote:
Toenibbler wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Rogues in PvP

Tell me in which way rogues are equal or even superior to either one of the following classes in PvP: DKs, Hunters, Ferals, Wars, Rets, Mages, Ele Shams. Even some scrub specc like enha shams are really close to us atm.
The problem we have is, as already pointed out by Mister Blue, that we aren't bad, the others are just superior (nice way to sneak around the statement that rogues suck, btw). What can we offer? A good burst with cooldowns, okish overall damage, mediocre survability with cooldowns. Now the problem is, there are classes which can do twice the burst, thrice the overall damage without blowing any longtime cooldowns. Those classes at the same time have double the survability than we do. One fulltime stun on us in any other bracket than 2s, and we're dead.
Another real big problem is our utility decreasing drastically as the enemy numbers go up. In 2s we're okish, in 3s we can rock with RMP thanks to CC only, in 5s there is no fucking way to not instantly kiss the floor.
I don't pull this out of my ass, and it's not only my biased oppinion. Check Schneel's link, check the amount of rogues in every bracket in, say, the top 50. It hurts.
Ofcourse there are super duper rogues still managing to beat 2,4k+ ratings, but that's no proof of rogues being fine.

And since it feels so good, I'll just go on and whine some about PvE. 5.5k max DPS. Not like i'd have to add anything more, but here it goes. Right now, you're forced into one specc to max out your damage, and that's Mut. Nothing wrong and nothing new to be caged into one specc for PvE, but the tree is a fucking joke and a real pain to play. You got that one +15% damage talent, how broken does a tree have to be. Then you have to spamm that single button every 30secs during the whole duration of the raid. So you got atleast 3 to 4 timers to keep track of, if any of it fades you just lost a big chunk of your dps. Fun, really.

I really hope 3.1 brings some changes, although my hopes are low. Nothing announced so far but a 1min HfB, a slight change (buff, nerf?) to poisons and a possible variation to the standard Mut build. I have heard of rogues dishing out sick damage on the PTR, but couldn't be bothered to check that yet.
I guess the best happening to us, atleast Peeveepee-wise, will be the nerfbat hitting the DKs. Yay.
Thing is they are buffing frost so there wont be any drastic changes the dmg will probobly be the same
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

zNow wrote:
Toenibbler wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Rogues in PvP

Tell me in which way rogues are equal or even superior to either one of the following classes in PvP: DKs, Hunters, Ferals, Wars, Rets, Mages, Ele Shams. Even some scrub speccs like enha shamans are really close to us atm.

¤, taipoh.
I smell the birth of another cat killah!
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Girly whiners. Real PvP pain = Warlock!1
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Girly whiners. Real PvP pain = Warlock!1
in bg's maybe yeah, but id say warlocks are alot more viable ni 2,3,5 than rogues. but thats with awffuliction,,, hoping destro will be viable in 3.1, and so it seems atm wich is great
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

a tip for me vs hunters as rogue, will remove when i get home. sorry for swe

18:00] Abstaal: vänta på disengage och bränn sen en cooldown för att vara på han igen
[18:01] Abstaal: har han ingen mark/dot på dig så vanisha och öppna igen
[18:01] Abstaal: har du evasion glyphen så kan du sitta med den i 40 sekunder också
[18:02] Abstaal: när han får lock and load (så fort han aktiverar en trap) så måste du stunna+gouge eller cloakea så du inte får explosive shots ner i halsen

other tips and tricks: (vs dk/pala)
Start with a sap on the paladin and your rogue on the DK if possible. Chain cc the paladin and have your rogue stay on the DK. Throw in mana burns when possible and keep try your best to stop the paladin from being able to freely heal. After that paladin bubbles out of CC he should already be fairly low mana. have your rogue switch to him and spam dispels on the paladin and dispels on your rogue for chains of ice. you should either be able to kill the paladin or set the paladin up in a CC chain if a switch to the DK is required.

also, shackling or killing the pet can be useful if you need drinks in the middle of the match. priest mana is really bad right now but pulling off drinks whenever you can helps a ton. <<2600 rated rogue
Last edited by Lateralus on 17 Mar 2009, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Lateralus wrote:a tip for me vs hunters as rogue, will remove when i get home. sorry for swe

18:00] Abstaal: vänta på disengage och bränn sen en cooldown för att vara på han igen
[18:01] Abstaal: har han ingen mark/dot på dig så vanisha och öppna igen
[18:01] Abstaal: har du evasion glyphen så kan du sitta med den i 40 sekunder också
[18:02] Abstaal: när han får lock and load (så fort han aktiverar en trap) så måste du stunna+gouge eller cloakea så du inte får explosive shots ner i halsen
Translate before removing!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

"wait for disengage and then burn a cooldown to get on him again
he has no mark/dot on you so vanish and open again
if you have have you evasion glyphed, then you could sit it out for 40 seconds or so
when he locks-and-loads (which happens as soon as a trap of his activates), you must Stun + Gouge or Cloak so you will not receive Explosive Shots down in the neck
"

The google translator strikes again!