WARRIOR HELL

Chit chat
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Akaza wrote:
Smooglab wrote:[...]
I know, won't use it though since by next patch (or when BC hits, not really sure about that) it won't ever work again.
Yeah it will stop working in TBC, but the question is will they still design encounters where breaking fear is needed? :wink:
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

Smooglab wrote:
Akaza wrote:
Smooglab wrote:[...]
I know, won't use it though since by next patch (or when BC hits, not really sure about that) it won't ever work again.
Yeah it will stop working in TBC, but the question is will they still design encounters where breaking fear is needed? :wink:
Blizzard learning from mistakes ? I lol'ed :P
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

I thought we could sum up all the different tasks MTs and OTs have on all the bosses from BWL and up? So instead of reading up on different sites on an encounter we can get the vital info right here.
If I get promoted to moderate this thread I can update this post as it goes on.
Tips and tricks are welcome :)

(im too lazy write any now because I just got home from work. But you guys go!)

What do you say? Yay or Nay?
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

stfu post farmer. let me do razor for you;

warriors stand around and dont really do shit. they hit mages. when razor is in phase 2, they hit him till he dies.

how's that?
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

sudo wrote:stfu post farmer. let me do razor for you;

warriors stand around and dont really do shit. they hit mages. when razor is in phase 2, they hit him till he dies.

how's that?
We hit warriors too now since we kill everything except dragons. omg l2know the updates!
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

/care !
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

Get out Sudo ! you're not welcome in Warrior heaven anymore ! :twisted:
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

after reading a thread on the nurfed forums where they started to argue about wethere staying in serker stance and not bothering with overpower on one side for fury dps the other school claimed that HS spam and staying in battle was better since the 3% crit gave a much smaller dps increase then 5% dodge sparking overpower and keeping flurry up aswell as beeing a garantueed crit + whirlwind not beeing al that with a 1h anyway

thread here: http://forums.nurfed.com/showthread.php?t=12773

they also posts a few different specs and that started me thinking, what is the best spec for fury dps? 17/34/0 with impale? 13/38/0? as we dont have salvation imp cleave is a big deal for us as it gets about the same dmg as HS slightly more expensive and no extra threat
with high end gear you generate rage so quickly it is extremely inefficient to switch between zerker and battle to overpower and the 5% dodge rate being made up for with the virtually gauranteed crit of overpower for flurry makes it a better trade off then 3% more crit.
the ally claiming that battle + hs spec had this specc http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LbhxbhbZVVzmgxoVo

now this leaves out some stuff that i really really like clave and imp serker rage. dont know if this is feasible without salvation

one of the nurfed boys swears by this build and he argues that you shouldnt ever leave serker stance as the rage loss for switching makes it inefficient http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=phhxzhbZVVzVrxRVo
although this has imp intercept ofor pvp. so id take thoose two and stick em in dw spec for 4/5 in that instead for PvEdps

also thinking about this one:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000

im a bit torn over this as i forego some talents i really like
question is if that 1 point in imp serker rage is better spent there or in anger manegement? i like the current 2/2 getting me 10 rage but i have AM aswell so i get tons of rage and yet it seems like its not enough. however 5(or 10 with 2/2) rage every time its up(30 sec CD) or 1 rage every tick? anyone care to do the math on this?
maybe do like this: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 00000#none and take 2 points out of DW to put in imp serker rage and AM but as a big chunk of your dmg comes from white swings im hesitant to do so. when im in a WF totem grp rage isnt a problem however when i get stuck in a hunters +100 AP aura grp then thoose two are nice to have. both of theese forego impale for imp cleave etc and the utility of piercing howl although i must say that i rarely use that one so i dont know if i should feel its that important tbh
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

It kinda depends on what kind of weapons you have and how much %hit you have.

For example it would be Dual Wield Spec vs. Imp Cleave & Imp Overpower.

Also I think the best way to DPS (ofc if you choose imp overpower) would be to stay in berserker stance and only switch stances if a) BT is on cooldown and b) rage isn't above 25. Of course if you spec for not taking imp overpower there's no question about it, but I think the highest DPS output will come from:

- Single target DPS staying in berserker stance, spamming berserker rage for more rage, only going to battle stance to overpower from time to time.
- An more all round DPS build would be this basicly if your MH is way better than your OH.

But like I said it really depends on how good your %hit gear and your MH compared to your OH is. Also different builds are good for different situations (imp cleave, piercing howl, imp overpower, DW spec etc).
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Fenz
old man

Rage generation A wl gift!

Post by Fenz »

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 2&sid=1#16
Here are the current rage generation formulae (note: these are slightly different than the ones which are on the current public test realms).

The notable changes include an update to offhand rage generation (previously it was not being normalized correctly), and an improvement to rage generation from crits (essentially, crits now generate double the rage the hit would have ordinarily caused). The later change should help ensure that certain specs (ie: sword specialization) don't become clearly superior to crit-enhancing specializations like Axe/Polearm.

For Dealing Damage:
Main Hand Normal Hits: Factor=2.5
Main Hand Crits: Factor=5.0
Off Hand Normal Hits: Factor=1.25
Off Hand Crits: Factor=2.5

Rage Conversion Value (note: this number is derived from other values within the game such as a mob's hit points and a warrior's expected damage value against that mob):

Rage Conversion at level 60: 230.6
Rage Conversion at level 70: 274.7

Expansion Rage Gained from dealing damage = ((Damage Dealt) / (Rage Conversion at Your Level) * 7.5 + (Weapon Speed * Factor))/2

Pre-Expansion Rage Gained from dealing damage = (Damage Dealt) / (Rage Conversion at Your Level) * 7.5

For Taking Damage (both pre and post expansion):
Rage Gained = (Damage Taken) / (Rage Conversion at Your Level) * 2.5
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Yay nerfs hello rage normalization too bad you were needed.

You do get some rage now from swings against for instance against shielded priests with every swing but its a nerf against rage getting from damage with very high end gear especially 2h warriors will notice it the most.
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

As long as ive had windfury, rage was never a problem. I wonder how things will be after the change. I feel im limited by the ammount of rage i get atm and not how high my agro is. By making smart use of skills (cleave instead of HS) you can manage as a fury warrior and still stay in the top for dmg on boss fights. If however rage is gonna get fucked i wonder what our roll will be. Protection tanks will survive, will fury or arms warriors?
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Some info from an Alpha and Beta tester:
Penn wrote:OK 've done some snooping around with the new patch:

Rage norm is still fubar, absolutely awful.

2hander - 1316 crit gives 23 rage (would only need 765 damage in retail for same rage)
1hander - 796 crit gives 14 rage (would only need 466 damage in retail for same rage)

I can't see any changes at all to skills or talents, every other class has had changes done including rogues getting a new 41 point subtlety talent which is imba btw (a stealthed blink that teleports them behind their target and gives a +20% damage modifier on ambush/backstab).

Rank 11 Heroic strike still doesn't exist.
I've played warrior for years, you get a feel for it, you never look at your rage bar, you just know if you have enough rage to do skills from experience.

This is where the problem lies, you can "feel" the rage normalization ALOT.

I've spent most of my time as DW fury, doing 5 man instances, grinding (alot) and quite a bit of PvP. Since the recent patch with the talent changes i've been using a 41 point arms build and pvping alot, and the odd 5 man instance.

So lets look at PvE, you notice the rage normalization, anyone who says otherwise is lying. You find yourself waiting for rage instead of cooldowns, and in many cases i've not had enough rage to do those clutch moves (you know the ones, fear, aoe taunt, stance switch mocking blows etc). This is with DW fury btw.

So with the recent patch i went full arms. PvE is DIRE as 2h arms, it is absolutely awful. This is where you feel the rage norm kicking in BIG TIME! You stand there, auto attack, not enough rage. Another auto attack, not enough rage. Finally you have enough rage after 3/4 swings THEN your skill doesnt even do any damage because you are sitting on 20% crit due to our agility nerf and the rating system. Repeat that over and over per mob, it's horrible, and your DPS is shocking. I'm horde, and even with windfury you STILL have to sit there waiting for rage so you can use your skills.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... &pageNo=12
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

Gotta see it with my own eyes, if its true, then ill quit. No way im wasting my time on another char.
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Been reading some more on warriors in the TBC and some people say rage gets nerfed others say they don't notice it at all.
Some say DPS gets lowered and rage stays the same, others say otherwise.
So I'm not judging anything yet.

Some things I have noticed is that they changed some existing talents:

Anger Managment - "Generates 1 rage per 3 seconds". Interesting.
Vitality - It used to give 10% more stamina (5/5) now it's 5% more stamina and 10% more strength. Meh.
Improved Slam - 2/2 for 1.0 sec of slam casttime. Might become useful?

Also, people who have an Spinal Reaper will be loving it when the expantion hits. ;)
Level 70 Troll Warrior.