Post by Altarion »

Inncubus wrote:Ufo warrior!
Woot woot?!! where is Mr Andersson??
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

this is gonna be my build and glyphs for raids:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#pG0zZcrds ... :zmkcrw0kz

im so anoyed too see that you cant make a subspec at all, or well you can with the glyphs... you really cant pick wrong :(

this is gonna be my lvling spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#pMZfrrsszkMfd:zkmacfmo0

now show me yours! :D
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

Mine looks exactly the same. Still sucks you're forced to take talents you wouldnt take if you didnt have to.

I's also very curious to see what rage will do now that they changed the mechanics for it.
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

So the patch is here and here is the first test:

NOTE: i had too reforge almost all gear too reach the cap, All mastery test coming next

NOTE2: i did not have very much rage problem but you cant spam HS at all, overall it felt really good with capping hit (2 gems with hit was also used) and as you can see not a singel miss

NOTE3: at all tests i always choose HASTE when reforging
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Mastery test:

NOTE: in no way close to any cap point

NOTE2: Big rage problems
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

By just looking at the numbers youve posted Altarion it seems to me that the rage normalisation is quite a blow to warriors.

The white dmg portion isnt really making a impact even though being white hit capped but what seems to make the difference is the approx extra 12% rage from white hits (which ofc results in larger quantity of special attacks).

But I assume you are hitting on the regular lvl 80 rather than the bossdummy, am I right? Or else blizz has changed the automatic ~25% glancing hit mechanic - which if that is the case would underline that aiming for white hit cap even more benficial.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

So in my opinion its worth it too try hardcap Hit already and keep it that way up too 85. my 2 cents and pls do own tests and post them and i hope that ppl are intrested atleast and it can help someone... :)

EDIT: yes sar i was hitting normal dummies and yes glancing is still in the game :) otherwise melee could go afk on every boss ;)

i shall conduct test on the boss dummy also, yes its a big blow for us, BUT we are still in "beta" untill cataclysm is relesed ;) we will most likley not get close too top meters but that is not the point of raiding, as far as it feels when caping hit : smooth and by the numbers :D aslong as the class isnt "broken" you can count me in :D

EDIT2: also this is lvl80, missing glyphs, colossus smah and inner rage, no use of rec or DW so i see alot of possibilities :)
Last edited by Altarion on 13 Oct 2010, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

HS has been nerfed so much imo. It taking 30 rage and being instant makes me think its not that good anymore.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Zilver wrote:HS has been nerfed so much imo. It taking 30 rage and being instant makes me think its not that good anymore.
but i have too say that when caped with hit, it feels very solid, not 100% uptime ofc, and imo it hits really hard. how much hit do you have zilver?
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

Altarion wrote:So in my opinion its worth it too try hardcap Hit already and keep it that way up too 85. my 2 cents and pls do own tests and post them and i hope that ppl are intrested atleast and it can help someone... :)

EDIT: yes sar i was hitting normal dummies and yes glancing is still in the game :) otherwise melee could go afk on every boss ;)

i shall conduct test on the boss dummy also, yes its a big blow for us, BUT we are still in "beta" untill cataclysm is relesed ;) we will most likley not get close too top meters but that is not the point of raiding, as far as it feels when caping hit : smooth and by the numbers :D aslong as the class isnt "broken" you can count me in :D

EDIT2: also this is lvl80, missing glyphs, colossus smah and inner rage, no use of rec or DW so i see alot of possibilities :)
Yeah, while Im sure that once on lvl 85, problems that crops up now will be more balanced out in its proper state. Though skills like Inner rage will probably mean even more importance of keeping the rage income steady than now. I havent heard a warrior complaining over being rage starved for quite some while now, but I guess its in the line of Blizzards plans for Cata of making healers actually going OOM, warriors manage rage, DK:s watching runes and so on. My guess is a slower but more towards the controlled aspect of play in the future.

Dont like the no-afk during bossfights part though. Will this be the end of castsequence macro spamming while watching youtube?

Thx for posting so far Altarion. Though its not really my section, its still fun to read while installing the super-fast patch :)
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Sar wrote:
Altarion wrote:So in my opinion its worth it too try hardcap Hit already and keep it that way up too 85. my 2 cents and pls do own tests and post them and i hope that ppl are intrested atleast and it can help someone... :)

Yeah, while Im sure that once on lvl 85, problems that crops up now will be more balanced out in its proper state. Though skills like Inner rage will probably mean even more importance of keeping the rage income steady than now. I havent heard a warrior complaining over being rage starved for quite some while now, but I guess its in the line of Blizzards plans for Cata of making healers actually going OOM, warriors manage rage, DK:s watching runes and so on. My guess is a slower but more towards the controlled aspect of play in the future.

Dont like the no-afk during bossfights part though. Will this be the end of castsequence macro spamming while watching youtube?

Thx for posting so far Altarion. Though its not really my section, its still fun to read while installing the super-fast patch :)
yes there was no rage issue at all and the rage curve was insane, 100% uptime on HS is not managing rage imo, while spaming your face against the keyboard, personaly i really like the changes and too have more (and need) control over what you are doing, though i dont like that they made everything so simple, you cant spec anything else, i mean no thinking of your own. some subspec can be done, like more survival and raid utility but that is mostly from the glyphs.

as i can recall the dps part (there is alot of whine already in trade.. and 99% of them havent gemed and reforged yet :)) is indead a substantial drop, about ~1.5k (impact is way larger in raid sitution) i would say than before patch. though i have heard in raids that we are much more behind than most classes.

as it looks now STR>HIT(hard)>EXP(soft)>CRIT>HASTE>MASTERY(i think its nerfed, i takes 1:3 more than crit for same effect)

-so mastery is way behind-

EDIT: i have no clue how too calculate all of this since the formulas go way beyond my retarded head, i do understand most of like a 10 year old getting a christmas present :D

EDIT2: thanks Sar, now change MAIN too warrior!
Sar
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Sar »

Altarion wrote: EDIT2: thanks Sar, now change MAIN too warrior!
Hehe, nevah! :)
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

gonna make a test after the hotfix....
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

so the hotfix is here and here is the result:

NOTE: i switched 10 gems from 10str+10crit to 10str+10haste, this feels way better

NOTE2: I think we should not worry too much with the crit at all

NOTE3: HS hiting freking hard, few rage problem but the spaming days are gone :)

Boss test coming up soon
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

Still worries me that HS is our hardest hitting skill.