WARRIOR HELL

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: 3.1 changes for Fury

Post by Lateralus »

cant help you there chief. my warrior is still lvl 58 and parked in hellfire. best wishes tho!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz to the rescue! (About Fury DPS)
I honestly don't have this problem. But I've been using a slightly different spec than other people ever since halfway Naxx, which might probably make the difference. I picked "Improved Berserker Rage" once I had enough expertise to not need 'Weapon Mastery' anymore in 3.0. (Which turned out to be a smart choice with the talent being moved to the arms tree in 3.1)

At the moment I constantly try to weave in Berserker Rage into my DPS rotation whenever I have a free GCD. And I can't say I ever have any real rage issues. The 20 rage the talent gives every 20 seconds probably isn't solely responsible for that, but also the fact that when Berserker Rage is active you get alot more rage from taking the slightest bit of raiddamage. And this should be active close to 50% of any fight.

Besides that my playstyle is pretty straightforward... Just popping haste pots and Death Wish (and now also Wrathstone) during heroisms.

It seems to do fine for raids for me at the moment. On fights where there is alot of raiddamage or short fights, I've no issues with sometimes ending on top of the DPS meters with 6k or above DPS. Competing with the rogues and DKs.

Fury generally seems to favor fights that are either:
- Short (to get most use out of death wish + heroism)
- Require alot of movement
- Fights where there is lots or raiddamage
- Fights where there are lots of occasions where your whirlwind (or cleave) will hit more than 1-2 targets

So I can't say I'm too badly disappointed by the 10% TG nerf so far, although I do notice that alot of other (less dedicated / theorycrafting) fury warriors seem to be struggling at the moment.
2 points in imp zerker rage is a must. Same as i did when i started Nax. This must be spammed when global cooldown permits whether you need the rage or not. I have it macroed with a Heroic strike. Also a Heroic without it. For Ulduar and all this damage we take we need to take advantage of any extra rage we can get. I'm still getting used to having to spam this but here's the numbers from friday. Notice i also have 4/5 in Unbridled Wrath. I've always found it to be very effective. Done extensive testing on it and it works for me.

1 1/2 hours of actual combat i believe.

Glyph of Heroic Strike=3,640 rage
Unbridled Wrath=1,792 rage
Imp zerker Rage=1,980 rage
Bloodrage=1,817 rage

I was able to Heroic strikes quite often and it ended up being my 2nd to 3rd highest total depending on the boss. Used Cleave instead on some bosses. For the 25 man raid i was 4th, 3rd and 4th on the kills that nite. 3 rogues in the raid btw. 1 of which was my equal in dps pre 3.1 We always competed for #1. On 1 boss the rogues were about 800dps above me. The other bosses weren't so bad. I did not get Hysteria once fyi. They didn't either.

I'll stay Fury. I'm doing just fine. Won't break any records. Never did anyways. Won't be #1. But i won't be embarrassed either. Not as bad as i thought it would be. My personal view. I'd have done worse in 25 mans if i was Arms tbh. Haven't tested 10 mans yet. But i'm fairly sure i'd do better as Arms in 10 mans. Lack of buffs hurts Fury that much ie low on rage=crap dps.

I may try putting points in Enrage again. I've had so so results in the past. But maybe Ulduar will make it effective. Just don't like the idea it isn't useful on all fights.

For more in-depth warrior discussion (as always) the EJ's forums:
http://elitistjerks.com/f81/
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

I may try putting points in Enrage again. I've had so so results in the past. But maybe Ulduar will make it effective. Just don't like the idea it isn't useful on all fights.
this is what im trying now, cnat seem to get the raidwide imroved health aswell and its gimping my rage, want 10 points more.. tz fenz for the rescue, ill hang out at EJ for awhile to get some nice ideas :idea:

atleast i have powa aura so i can hear my self scream TRYCK FÖR FAN PÅ SLAM!
Yõthar
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Yõthar »

I checked the dps parts on tankspot and elites.
As far as I can see my rotation is ok.
My dps is in heroics approx the same as in our 10/25 man raids. and that's strange.
I also place and keep up sunders for others on the boss and (macro'd to)use rend in my rotation for some personal dps increase.
But that shouldn't have such a big impact i think.

So now I've been playing with an excel-sheet from elites to see what I can change to improve dps. ( WarriorDPS2.602Excel07.xlsm )

My current gear is stacked with all +20arp, +34arp gems and 1x +all stats gem to activate the metagem. (currently I have the +21agi +crit meta. can't remember why i did put it there.)

>> Looking at the yellow gems.
When I fill in the "manual Modification" part with info from eu.wowarmory, the gems that would give highest dps should be +10str +10haste gems. hmm

Strange thing is that when I remove the content in that "manual modification" part, I get a totaly other yellow gem recommendation.
Namely +10str +10crit gems. <<< ???

I also did have to change some red gems and the 2 blue ones to enable the meta.
So as it looks this way,I shouldn't gem for pure arp like i have.

In my current gear I have 799 armorpenetration aka 57.09% reduction.
my trinket gives me 678arp rating for 10seconds extra when it procs.
this would bring me over 100%. Dunno exactly what the cooldown is.

(this newest version of the sheet is bugged as i can not fetch data from the eu-server. so i had to fill everything in manually.) :evil:

Without manual modification filled out

With manual modification filled out
The Devil my care but I bloody don't!
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

you have too much haste for it to become effective even though haste becomes a stat at end-end gear. you could get a big increase if you start switching out 3-4 item and budget them right for your item lvl. get your hit down and so on :)

Dont trust in all the numbers, follow your heart and the knowlage of your class and it will be rewarded greatly!
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

You clearly did something wrong with the manual modifications.
Highly doubt you'd be doing 24k dps in t9 gear. Without the modifications it seems fine tho. ;P
Gorlom wrote:"personally I think taurens warstomp is more useful then hex."
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Schneel wrote:You clearly did something wrong with the manual modifications.
Highly doubt you'd be doing 24k dps in t9 gear. Without the modifications it seems fine tho. ;P
you shall not be here in the warrior hang-out, we are too cool for you :D
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

Altarion wrote:
It sure doesnt look like it!
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

Schneel wrote:
Altarion wrote:
i have no comeback on that one, you can stay!
Yõthar
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Yõthar »

8)

Yeah I know.
I changed gems. I removed almost all my Arp gems and replaced them with Str and Str+crit. gems to get more socket bonusses.

the excel sheet i used seemed a bit bugged (am waiting for the update), just like rawr version 2.3.11 , version 2.3.10 works better and is also recommended for theoriecrafting. in version 12 the known bugs should be removed/repaired.

Anyway with my current changes my dps went up a lot. So, for me, bye bye Arp. (It will be gone at the expension anyway, about the next patches 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 i don;t know yet.)
But the difference in high gear between Arp or Str stacked gear should be minimal. (When believing theoriecraft.)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Altarion wrote:
Schneel wrote:
Altarion wrote:
i have no comeback on that one, you can stay!

hahah
Joujubruju
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Joujubruju »

Vondreth I fetched you with landsoul's spreadsheet and I saw U got 3 purple gems. I tweaked some gems and I found out the best result if you swap the neck gem with a full STR gem since you do not need 3 blue for meta activation (neck only gives 4 str bonus while chest and Bryntroll give 6 str bonus) and swap 5 Str/Crit gems to Full Crit. With all those changes you squeeze about 15 more DPS, so I do not know how U feel about it. Though the neck gem swaping is around 12 DPS increase that is a fair tradeoff for only 1 gem :)

Those were my 2 cents
Yõthar
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Yõthar »

At last the link worked, so i imported my new gear etc etc.
played a bit with gems.
The result is indeed better. (And yes I knew about the 3 blues)

Strangely enough (compared to recent preference of players) this spreadsheet sais stacking more arp gems lowers my dps.

--
Vondreth's Armory
--

But for some reason i don't get 8k dps in raids. 5men or 10/25men my dps is around 4-5k. unless there are lot of mobs at the same time, then my dps rocks.

My rotation is usually like this.
bt - ww -hs/cleave/!slamprocs. i keep everything on cooldown.

During raids this one, when I put on and keep up sunder armor:
bt - ww - hs/cleave/!slam - rend ((specially handy to ge rid of full rage bar, i let it wear off completely or try to refresh it when a boss goes airborn in a few seconds) and sunder armor in between (only on bosses asap to 5 and then occasionally refresh it)) --- rinse and repeat.
Last edited by Yõthar on 08 Mar 2010, 19:54, edited 3 times in total.
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

Doesnt seem strange since you have like 100% arp with trinket procc. :p
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

If I look at your DPS breakdown in recount you really slack on the Heroic Strikes. In a fight where Altarion has over 100 Heroic Strikes, you have around 30.

Maybe try to use it some more? Seems obvious to me that would help.