WARRIOR HELL

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote: Quick post it in the rogues thread too!
Nah noone plays HARP anymore anyways ;D
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

From WOWinsider reguarding the latest warrior changes,

Quote:
# Heroic leap has moved from Tier 11 to Tier 9. You now can get it at level 50.
# Titan's Grip is now a Tier 11, instead of Tier 10.
# Titan's Grip is now only 1 rank, and does not have any speed penalty.
# Furious Attack – New Tier 8 fury talent. Normal melee attacks have a 50%/100% to reduce healing done to a target by 25% for 8 seconds. Stack up to 2 times.
# Shield Mastery in the protection tree increases block value by up to 30%.

:shock: nerf
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Toenibbler wrote:From WOWinsider reguarding the latest warrior changes,

Quote:
# Heroic leap has moved from Tier 11 to Tier 9. You now can get it at level 50.
# Titan's Grip is now a Tier 11, instead of Tier 10.
# Titan's Grip is now only 1 rank, and does not have any speed penalty.
# Furious Attack – New Tier 8 fury talent. Normal melee attacks have a 50%/100% to reduce healing done to a target by 25% for 8 seconds. Stack up to 2 times.
# Shield Mastery in the protection tree increases block value by up to 30%.

:shock: nerf
a soft version of MS in fury tree.. is fury the new way to go then? 2 2handers and a sorta ms effect.. haha
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

well arms has some pretty insane stuff added too like:
#New talent - Wrecking Crew (Tier 10) - Your melee critical hits have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to Enrage you, increasing all damage caused by 3% for 12 sec.

# New talent - Taste for Blood (Tier 4) - Whenever your Rend ability causes damage, you have a 10/20/30% chance of allowing the use of your Overpower ability for 5 secs.

# New talent - Justified Killing (Tier 4) - You gain 6 rage every time you parry an attack.

#Bladestorm now lasts 6 seconds instead of 4.5 seconds.

#Improved Mortal Strike now increases the damage caused by your Mortal Strike ability by 2/4/6/8/10% and gives your Enraged Assault ability a 6/12/18/24/30% chance to refresh the cooldown of Mortal Strike.
(Enraged Assault -A furious assault that consumes an Enrage effect on the warrior and attacks with all weapons. Can only be used while Enraged.)
Those things, especially the Taste for Blood one combined with Unrelenting Assault (2 ranks, Reduces the cooldown of your Overpower and Revenge abilities by 2/4 seconds.), and lets not forget Sudden death, make arms a very attractive tree imo
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Mortleg wrote: Those things, especially the Taste for Blood one combined with Unrelenting Assault (2 ranks, Reduces the cooldown of your Overpower and Revenge abilities by 2/4 seconds.), and lets not forget Sudden death, make arms a very attractive tree imo
Yeah arms seems cool as hell now, might level my warrior anyways
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Warrior glyphs
Glyph of Battle - Increases the duration of your Battle Shout ability by 1 min.
Glyph of Barbaric Insults - Your Mocking Blow ability also taunts the target.
Glyph of Blocking - Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.
Glyph of Bloodrage - Reduces the health cost of your Bloodrage ability by 50%.
Glyph of Bloodthirst - Increases the healing you receive from your Bloodthirst ability by 20%.
Glyph of Charge - Increases the range of your Charge ability by 5 yards.
Glyph of Cleaving - Reduces the rage cost of Cleave by 5.
Glyph of Devastate - Your Devastate ability now applies two stacks of Sunder Armor.
Glyph of Enduring Victory - Increases the window of opportunity in which you can use Victory Rush by 5 sec.
Glyph of Execution - Your Execute ability deals damage as if you had 10 additional rage.
Glyph of Hamstring - Gives your Hamstring ability a 10% chance to immobilize the target for 5 sec.
Glyph of Heroic Strike - You gain 10 rage when you critically strike with your Heroic Strike ability.
Glyph of Intervene - Increases the number attacks you intercept for your Intervene target by 1.
Glyph of Mocking Blow - Increases the damage of your Mocking Blow ability by 25%.
Glyph of Mortal Strike - Increases the damage of your Mortal Strike ability by 10% but the healing penalty is reduced by half.
Glyph of Overpower - Adds a 50% chance to enable your Overpower when your attacks are parried.
Glyph of Rapid Charge - Reduces the cooldown of your Charge ability by 20%.
Glyph of Rending - Increases the duration of your Rend ability by 3 sec.
Glyph of Resonating Power - Increases the maximum targets affected by your Thunder Clap ability by 4.
Glyph of Revenge - After using Revenge, your next Heroic Strike costs no rage.
Glyph of Shield Slam - Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.
Glyph of Spell Reflection - Reduces the cooldown of your Spell Reflection ability by 2 sec.
Glyph of Sunder Armor - Your Sunder Armor ability affects a second nearby target.
Glyph of Sweeping Strikes - You generate 30 rage over 12 sec when you use your Sweeping Strikes ability.
Glyph of Taunt - Increases the chance for your Taunt ability to succeed by 8%.
Glyph of Thunder Clap - Increases the radius of your Thunder Clap ability by 2 yards.
Glyph of Victory Rush - Your Victory Rush ability has a 30% increased critical strike chance against targets above 90% health.
Glyph of Whirlwind - Increases the number of targets you Whirlwind ability hits by 1.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

A true hero of the horde is back:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=89279

Pat PvP 3!

Download it! Because you'll want to watch it over and over again :)
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Ithelia wrote:A true hero of the horde is back:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=89279

Pat PvP 3!

Download it! Because you'll want to watch it over and over again :)
That was horrible. Editted to death.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

dont know what to say really about pats videos

hes overgeared buffed to the teeth and have pocket healers that are good and geared aswell but hes not denying that its kind of the premise for his movies

he gets big numbers but then again so do i when i hit people with low resilience

cant say i liked the editing in the beginning where he printed out the lyrics to the song segment that went on for far to long
and if he felt that segment was to good to cut he should have slipped frames of gameplay in between em

its not the same feeling that you got when you saw his first film gear was harder to aquire and he was getting unbelivable numbers unattainable for most people

it feels like the geargap between powergamers and casuals arent as large nowadays so you dont get a holy shit that thing hit for 2k!!!!! as you did when his first (well second) film was all the rage
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

at least he has keybinds now ;p

Just kidding,the older videos were far better.

Only part i liked is when he gets all those buffs and becomes huge in av
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior ... 1406010403

this is the two hand arms build id imagine id be going for atm for pve

its based quite a bit around rend beeing up all the time on the target and constant use of overpower hence some of the stranger talent choices and some points are really pure filler points as are some of the glyphs

basicly rend is applied and MS used whenever its up and overpower aswell if noones up i guess id do a slam right after a normal swing. if threat allows then bladestorm is used every cd aswell

is it viable? viableish? or should i go titansgrip imediatly despite not having two lvl 80 2handers?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior ... 0421010402

is this the fury build i should be aiming for instead? glyphs are somewhat tricky tbh since theres not a lot of em that truely rock

im not up to date on the rotations etc
what is the bees knees for warriors theese days?
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Morlog wrote:http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior ... 1406010403

this is the two hand arms build id imagine id be going for atm for pve

its based quite a bit around rend beeing up all the time on the target and constant use of overpower hence some of the stranger talent choices and some points are really pure filler points as are some of the glyphs

basicly rend is applied and MS used whenever its up and overpower aswell if noones up i guess id do a slam right after a normal swing. if threat allows then bladestorm is used every cd aswell

is it viable? viableish? or should i go titansgrip imediatly despite not having two lvl 80 2handers?
I played with arms until I managed to get good enough gear for fury. Basically what all theorycrafters spreadsheets and calcs have shown is that there is a breaking point where your gear becomes so good that you should drop arms for fury. What you want is 361 hit rating (11% - softhitcap for yellow attacks with TG and precision spec, around 30% crit unbuffed in zerk stance, and lots of strength and AP for the rest.

Before all that hit, I found it easier and better to play around with arms, though I did not spec Taste for blood. Relying on procs did not feel like my game, and I being with the old rotation with MS/WW/Slams (slam does not reset swing timer anymore, but rather pauses it to the next attack btw) was good enough for me since the occasional sudden death proc would come there without me getting too much rage, something that could've been a problem being stuck in battle stance. SS/aoe attacks, even though it can be a bit risky if your tank aint on their toes (or you to trigger happy :)) provides a larger output than waiting around for nerfed overpowers in battle stance. The spec itself otherwise looks great.

Morlog wrote: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior ... 0421010402

is this the fury build i should be aiming for instead? glyphs are somewhat tricky tbh since theres not a lot of em that truely rock

im not up to date on the rotations etc
what is the bees knees for warriors theese days?
As I said earlier, yea, fury is the way to go if you aim to get good dps in wotlk. I think its quite clear that blizzard has designed fury to be the highend pve spec now. Your spec is something in the line of what you should be running atm.
Atm I'm sitting in with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0c0fhZGx0oE0uoeRVkAo

What differs mine from urs is that I have the points in commanding prescence. And only one point in weapon mastery, since I am dodgecapped with only one point in my current gear (otherwise this should always be maxed). The thing thats discussable is wether you can be 100% sure that there will always be a ret or holydin thats gone deep enough in retri to spec imp Bom will always be in the raid? Say if we had a retridin with 100% attendance, then those points in commanding prescence and booming voice are a total waste, well, they will be used for commanding shout, but couldve been used to up the dps instead. But otherwise, those points are still a must to bring a powerful buff to the raid. Also I like to put the one point into heroic fury. Even if there are few pve moments where the snarefunction would be useful, the resettimer of the intercept is the goodie imo. It allows you to move alot faster between stuff and in fights where this can be hectic (noth/gluth/kelthuzad to mention a few) and also on every trash pack in the game where spreading is needed, I think its worth the one point as I cant see where it would go otherwise.

As for rotation, its still the good old BT/WW HS-over 50rage rotation thats being used, cleave if aoe packs or double damage needed and the occasional instant slam being put into there but not to be prioritized with BT or WW (the 5sec duration wont make it dissapare either). With the insane amount of rage you get with titans grip, you will in most fights see yourself spamming heroic strike endlessly to dump rage, and a large portion of bossdps comes from HS these days. What you want for that is the glyph of heroic strike, 10 rage gain whenever you crit with HS, because thats something you will be using alot. Other than that glyphs are quite shitty for dps atm, right now I'm going: Heroic Strike/Cleave/Whirlwind (majors) and Enduring Victory/Bloodrage/Battle Shout (minors).

What would be great to know is how viable our rets (akuro/nerwen) will be on raids in the future, and is imp Bom something that is even remotely thinkable to spec as a holydin? Or is the AP area still our place to rule.

Marco#1117
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

* Bloodthirst: Charges have been decreased to 3, but the effect has been raised to 1% per charge.
* Fury: Bloodsurge: Now has a chance to trigger from any hit with Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst, or Whirlwind.
* Fury:Titan's Grip: The hit chance penalty has been removed.

Marco#1117
Altarion
The Artist

Post by Altarion »

here is a nifty macro for those alts that wanna have stuff under control för their newborn tanks, avoidance test macro:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 5)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

dont forget to replace +5 (the one after CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) to the stat that you have.

:)
Altarion
The Artist

3.1 changes for Fury

Post by Altarion »

I have never been so frustrated in my life, the warrior class goes up and down and this time we have taken a deep plunge down, i will not (because i hate numbers) talk about the effects of talents or anything, this is just from 1 warriors prespective in raid enviroment. first off all i aggre that before patch it was almost ridiculus how i could go afk and make a sandwich and a cup of coffey and get back and i still was hammering in the top 5 dps/dmg (ty schnell for wws and shit) and even though it was fun it was getting boring, but last night and the first 10 man ulduar was/is like punch in the gut... in the 10 man my dps suffer the most because of the buffs that ppl are serving eachother with, i was buffed like a 5-man and had the dps for soloing the targets in OG, the rage gen is not nerfed... its taken away, last night in ulduar 25 i startsed off by applying sunders (dont get me wrong its a must) and i got ragestarved fast... i thought that HS should be the rage dump but i think i used HS 5 times the whole night and that was a miss click...

does someone really noticed my drop in a big way? or is it just me feeling bad because im just a cow that can bring the sunders ( because it looked and felt like that was the only thing my rage could muster), and yes its vital to think for the raid and not on your self, but this downfall is just too much right now, we did far better than i thought yesterday tbh and it was nice too see some new bosses.

well i will have too stack ArP now then and see if it will change :roll:

i would like some input from the other warriors in the guild but i guess im smoked on that one, Ithelia, have you tested anything at all? or just anyone that has something too say except that im whining and cant take 57k hits :D

to conclude this, i hope blizz sees that you cant gimp rage and dps in just 1 sweep like this because we need to feel that we can contribute with something other than just the raid crit and sunders! im a sesitive cow to big changes overnight.

Someone has shited in the blue cabinet and its not us this time