WARRIOR HELL

Chit chat
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

Took a look at your talents.
Arms:
You took 5/5 parry. For tanking i agree a absolute must. However nothing into imp HS. It all depends on what kind of style of tanking you use. Im the sort that like to use HS whenever possible when tanking. So saving rage on that is pretty nice imo. Again depends how you tank.

Fury:
Tier1 is off course no discussion. Doesnt matter what spec you are, you always take 5/5 Cruelty. I'm having doubts about 5/5 demo shout. First off, an off tank will always save you the rage of applying demo shout yourself so why waste 5 talent points into a minimal reduction of damage taken. Why not choose Unbridled Wrath which would give you more rage in the long run. Rage something we need more of these days to get more agro. I agree on PH. Great skill to have along with HS.

Prot:
I agree with tier 1 and 2. Tier 3, imp revenge. I wonder about this talent. It's good on trash mobs but just like in MC, BWL, AQT and Naxx all boss's will be stun resist. Not to mention the fact that a stunned mob wont be hitting you, which means no dmg --> no rage --> less agro. I wouldnt take it. Tier 4 is fine by my, although i not so sure about using 2 talent points to get taunt down to 8 sec cd coming from 10s. Tier5 and up look pretty good tankingwise, some really good agro abilities and dmg reducing abilities. Now if you could have saved up some talent points you could have used them into Focussed Rage (although what does blizzard understand under Offensive abilities..), improved Shield Bash or 1-handed spec. All those look pretty decent to me as well. Or you could have gone up a bit higher into the arms try to get some resist to stuns.

I hope this helps you decide a bit smoog. Remember though that i have been protection only once and it wasnt long. However i've respecced more times than i can count and tried out pretty much anything decent and indecent you can think of.
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Thanks Zilver! :)

Reason I took imp demo shout is basicly because we won't have that many offtanks (10man-25man instances) and it really is nice to have in bossencounters.

For the imp. HS... I'm not much of a HS-man. :P
If I have sunder and revenge on CD now I'd use shield block, and that's without even having Shield Slam (and Devestate), so I figured I might as well remove it from my bar now. Since the only good thing about HS that it didn't share the global cooldown of your main threatabilities, but neither does Shield Slam (except for other shield abilities).

You got a good point about imp. revenge though, although the revenge stun does add some aggro from the stunning - so I'm not too sure.

I could give up some stuff for 5/5 Wrath or 5/5 1h weapon spec, for more rage/threat on the long run. ~40% aggro is white damage, so 10% increase would mean a ~4% threat increase for 5 points. Meh.

So I pretty much have 4 points to "waste" in either
- Unbridled Wrath
- Imp revenge / imp shield bash
- 1h weapon spec
- Blood Craze

Let's say you have 15k hp endgame. 3% would be 450hp. :?
Unbridled Wrath would 32% chance on hit to get 1 rage.
1h weapon spec would mean 3% more threat or so.
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

New threat data:

Code: Select all

Sunder Armor (Rank 5) [level 58]_______261

Sunder Armor (Rank 6) [level 67]_______301

Heroic Strike (Rank 9) [level 60]______175

Heroic Strike (Rank 10) [level 66]_____196

Heroic Strike (Rank 11) [level 70]_____220 (guess)

Revenge (Rank 6) [level 60]____________355

Revenge (Rank 7) [level 63]____________371

Revenge (Rank 8) [level 70]____________417

Shield Bash (Rank 3) [level 52]________180

Shield Bash (Rank 4) [level 64]________230

Shield Slam (Rank 4) [level 60]________250

Shield Slam (Rank 5) [level 66]________278

Shield Slam (Rank 6) [level 70]________307

Devastate (Rank All)___________________101

Thunder Clap (Rank All)____+150% of damage

Cleave (Rank 5) [level 60]_____________100 (split)

Cleave (Rank 6) [level 68]_____________130 (split)

Disarm_________________________________104

Mocking Blow (Rank 5) [level 56]_______230 (guess)

Mocking Blow (Rank 6) [level 65]_______290

Demoralizing Shout (Rank 5) [level 54]__43 (split)

Demoralizing Shout (Rank 6) [level 62]__49 (split)

Demoralizing Shout (Rank 7) [level 70]__56 (split)

Battleshout (Rank 7) [level 60]_________60 (split)

Battleshout (Rank 8) [level 69]_________69 (split)

Commanding Shout [level 68]_____________68 (split)

Hamstring (Rank 3) [level 54]__________141

Hamstring (Rank 4) [level 67]__________181

Spell Reflect [level 64]_________________0

Piercing Howl [level 20] ________________0

Concussion Blow [level 30]_______________0
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Quest chain for this axe:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=59508

How to do it:
http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewt ... +damnation

Scroll down to "TEMPEST KEEP KEY" and finish all those quests, the quest that gives the axe is called "The Cipher of Damnation".

(Posted for Sola)
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Some hope?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 7610&sid=1
In case you hadn't, there is a general change in 2.0.7 which has more relevance to Warriors than other classes.

Any effect which benefits the victim of a critical strike will now trigger even if resilience converted the attack from a critical strike to a normal strike; this applies to melee, ranged, and spell. The affected talents, abilities, and items are: "Eye for an Eye", "Blessed Resilience", "Enrage", "Martyrdom", "Blood Craze", "Eye of the Storm", and "Bonespike Shoulder".

This applies to those Warriors who may stack resilience, but fear that it reduces effectiveness of certain abilities gained through being crit. Resilience won't interfere with you popping enrage!

Of other note, the devs have been looking at threat generation closely and we continue to get harder numbers and data regularly. It is possible changes to threat generation are down the road. When I hear more, so will you.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

I don't care much about the resilience part, but the threat-investigation sounds cool. Got my fingers crossed! :D
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

More threat for warriors please.
Getting splattered so easily when dpsing is just not right!

Seriously though, it's good that they changed that part about resilience but now I'm concerned as well about abilities that trigger from dealing a crit - like Flurry for example.
That's something they have overlooked still.
Gorthzûk
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Gorthzûk »

Dont know if i misunderstood the context earlier.. but flurry procs when you crit, enrage and those skills proc when you gets critted.

So therefore i believe that flurry will be affected by resiliance, cause at least in pvp if you have a high resiliance you prevent your adversary from getting the flurry buff.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Think i saw some math that even with a full epic picked out for just resilience suit your chance to be critted would only be reduced by about 3% anyway.

Warriors need their abilities changed into threatscaling abilities instead of fixed ones. They had it right with the first druid changes and then nerfed those things a bit to less scaling when they found out druids were superior on threat(and still are?).

Instead of changing warriors abilities to scaled they picked a quick hotfix. Now you still got the problem warriors threat barely increases from upgrades from gear(and actually decreases from getting betting tank gear aka less dmg taken is less rage Oo) if you looking at a pure mt prot spec and all the other peoples threat will continue to outscale theirs faster with upgrades. :|

I think blue is becoming more aware of this but when they actually come around to changing it who knows :P

http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/75488902.htm
Last edited by Versus on 09 Feb 2007, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Well the biggest problem there is atm is barely any scaling abilities (except for the damage, read: damage - not threat) except for shield slam. Would like to see the threat on sunder/revenge scale with gear (defense or armour).
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Orkie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Orkie »

an experiment on quick leveling defense skill

http://t-en.be/browseimg/482.html
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

imba :p
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Gorthzûk
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Gorthzûk »

Is it just me, or are the warriors really boring to play nowadays?
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

Not just you, trust me :)
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
Seimor
General
General

Post by Seimor »

:(
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.