PALADINS

Chit chat
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

Ghostcrawler said :

source

A bit of light in the bloody tunnel lets see .......
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

Just take a look on this blue post I could say think on and on but I prefer to NO Comment FFS ....

Ghostcrawler

P.S. And most of the answers are not from Paladins enjoy
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Paladin CS macro

Post by Nerwen »

Crusader Strike
#showtooltip Crusader Strike
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
/startattack
/cast Crusader Strike
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")
Kurghan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kurghan »

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAdxMzhiuMxRxZVf0x0h

My latest holy build, without the stupid beacon
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Yeah i dont see beacon being that useful in raids since it doesnt work on overhealing.
Usually dins will be healing main tanks so if you want to heal another hurt player while healing the main tank at the same time the other player has to be hurt enough so overhealing doesnt cut out healing on the main tank and also 0 other healers have to heal that other target at that time to prevent you from actually doing no healing on that target and the mt. If a chain heal or other heal lands just before you on your target and he/she is alreadyy healed to full you end up with no healing on both. Way too dangerous imo not to mention the huge mana cost and 1 min duration only.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

It's situational... It's useful for fights with offtanks who take cleave damage but never takes aggro. Drop a Beacon on the offtank and you'll be keeping both up.

On Najentus I dropped a beacon on the maintank and started keeping melee alive, I never dropped a direct heal on the MT but still contributed with ~30% of the healing done to him.

But as I said... It's situational.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Pally changes:

Consolidated list of upcoming Paladin changes
Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)
We have already announced or suggested all of these changes would be forthcoming in the next minor content patch. I thought I would list them all in one place for ease of use.

* Divine Shield: Penalty changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% instead of a attack speed penalty.
* Divine Protection no longer causes an attack penalty. Divine Shield's penalty was changed to 50% less damage done by the paladin.
* Sacred Duty: This Protection talent no longer affects the attack penalty of Divine Shield and Divine Protection, but grants additional bonus Stamina.
* Avenging Wrath, Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection have a shared, 30-second cooldown. The Forbearance effect is no longer triggered by Avenging Wrath.
* Judgement of Wisdom now returns a percentage of base mana instead of a percentage of max mana.
* All mana drain effects now return a percentage of max enemy mana (making mana drains less punishing to paladins and other characters without large mana pools.)
* Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage done by Seals and Judgements.
* All paladins receive a single-target taunt (name TBD) as a base ability.

He also made another post here to clarify the changes on mana drains
Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)
Since this seems confusing:

Before:
Drain Mana on a mage with 15,000 mana drains 2500 mana (16% of their mana)
Drain Mana on a paladin with 5000 mana drains 2500 mana (50% of their mana)

After:
Drain Mana on a mage with 15,000 mana drains 3000 mana (20% of their mana)
Drain Mana on a paladin with 5000 mana drains 1000 mana (20% of their mana)

Those are not real numbers -- just indicating the concept of what the change will do.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

* Divine Shield: Penalty changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% instead of a attack speed penalty.

NICE!
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Incoming Paladin changes

Post by Nerwen »

We have already announced or suggested all of these changes would be forthcoming in the next minor content patch. I thought I would list them all in one place for ease of use.

Divine Shield: Penalty changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% instead of a attack speed penalty.

1) Divine Protection no longer causes an attack penalty. Divine Shield's penalty was changed to 50% less damage done by the paladin.

2) Sacred Duty: This Protection talent no longer affects the attack penalty of Divine Shield and Divine Protection, but grants additional bonus Stamina.

3) Avenging Wrath, Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection have a shared, 30-second cooldown. The Forbearance effect is no longer triggered by Avenging Wrath.

CLARIFICATION: You can use Hand of Protection while under the shared cooldown. You just can't use it on yourself.

4) Judgement of Wisdom now returns a percentage of base mana instead of a percentage of max mana.

5) All mana drain effects now return a percentage of max enemy mana (making mana drains less punishing to paladins and other characters without large mana pools.)

6) Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage done by Seals and Judgements in addition to its current effects.

7) Hand of Judgement - All paladins receive a single-target, 30 yard taunt on an 8 sec cooldown. This spell also does minor Holy damage in order to break CC and the like for pulling ease.

Sourse

RE: Consolidated list of upcoming Paladin changes

Since this seems confusing:

Before:

Drain Mana on a mage with 15,000 mana drains 2500 mana (16% of their mana)
Drain Mana on a paladin with 5000 mana drains 2500 mana (50% of their mana)

After:

Drain Mana on a mage with 15,000 mana drains 3000 mana (20% of their mana)
Drain Mana on a paladin with 5000 mana drains 1000 mana (20% of their mana)

Those are not real numbers -- just indicating the concept of what the change will do.

Sourse

RE: Consolidated list of upcoming Paladin changes
I made some clarifications to my initial post.

You can use Hand of Protection during the internal cooldown, just not on yourself. The idea is to prevent the paladin from being able to combo damage immunity. We want you to still be able to use it on others.

The change to Judgements of the Pure is in addition to its current haste effects.

The taunt is called Hand of Judgement. It has a 30 yard range and 8 sec cooldown. It does a bit of Holy damage so that you can break sheep or freezing traps to pull mobs.

The change to Judgement of Wisdom was so Protection and Ret paladins (and Feral druids and whoever else) didn't feel like they were supposed to stack Int for mana, since there is none on their gear. We picked a number that shouldn't be a nerf to most Holy paladins, though it will mean that it won't keep scaling as your Int climbs, so I imagine it will be called a nerf anyway. :) We'll keep an eye on this -- perhaps adding an effect to a Holy talent or something to increase the return.

Sourse
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

what kind of funked up colour scheme do you use nerwen?

the gold and maroon text? my eyes my eyes
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

haha I think u need to chage your Screen soon :)
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

Retribution nerf and PvP
We said before that if toning down Ret burst made them no longer very good at Arenas that we would be willing to give them additional utility. We just don't think the proverbial writing on the wall is that clear yet. We'll know a lot more in a few weeks.
(Sourse)

P.S. Enjoy the argues :)
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.0.8

Post by Nerwen »

Paladin

* Avenging Wrath: Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection, and Avenging Wrath cannot be used within 30 seconds of each other anymore. Forbearance removed from Avenging Wrath.
* Divine Protection: The penalty has been removed.
* Divine Shield: The penalty has been changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% in place of an attack speed penalty.
* Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage done by Seals and Judgements.
* Judgement of Wisdom: Now returns a percentage of base mana instead of a percentage of max mana.
* Sacred Duty: Interaction with Divine Shield and Divine Protection removed, but stamina bonus increased.

P.S
Druid :Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown.
Priest : Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1449701 ... otfix.html

This glyph is vastly overpowered. We are hotfixing the range from 20 yards down to 8 yards.

In its current form it has basically become "proc a Circle of Healing" in the same patch that we nerfed Circle of Healing.

Some days i wonder what ptr is good for :?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Can't say that i didn't saw that one coming to keep up the tradition illumination but prolly all manaregen stats for all classes getting the nerfbat :?
(If you stack int/crit current top of the line or near it gear gives a din near unlimited mana for most 5 min+ fights especially with t7 4piece bonus+seal of wisdom glyph+ http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40705 ) guaranteed infinite mana if you can hit the boss/anything with sow up on some free gcd's)

We think mana regen is too trivial at the moment in PvE and just right or too difficult in PvP (depending on the class). Now part of that is because the content is easy. Part of it is because we’ve given players a lot of reasons to avoid having to worry about the FSR. Part of it is just generous talents (like Illumination). Part of it was the change to let Int scale regen to some degree. The whole package is something we’re looking at. Mana regen is supposed to be part of the game – you aren’t supposed to graduate out of it with enough gear.