PALADINS

Chit chat
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

I'm going for 2 holy specs for now :shock:
Not interested in pvp find other games still way better for that so no ret, and with the dk frenzy there are enough tanks anyway. Prefer to be in healing mode with pve fights if the tank and mt healer survive it's half the battle won imo only dps has to learn then! Not saying there won't be many mt/healer deaths in ulduar 8)

First one will still be a crit build still focusing on hl-holy shock spamming this means allmost all of t8 gear is not an upgrade though for me just some specific non set pieces minor upgrades:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9757

In short a holy light/holy shock spam build based on crit gear;in detail a crit based build with crit based gear. Relies heavily on interaction with t7 4set bonus(5% less cost on holy light) and even 2set holy shock bonus(10% more crit on holy shock giving next holy light 20% more critchance). Also on seal of wisdom glyph (5% less cost on all healing abilities and badge libram -110 mana cost on holy light)

Healing style in above 5 min ulduar fights will be holy light/holy shock weaving. Glyphs will be Holy shock(5sec cooldown)/Holy Light(8yard aoe 5target heal)/Seal of Wisdom(5% less cost on all healing spells)
Minor glyph lay on hands for 11 min loh

second holy build will be:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9757

In short a Sacred shield/Flash of light/holy shock spam with divine guardian(30% reduced raid dmg on cooldown with bubble up double resistance auras etc) in detail a build based on spellpower gear and t8 set bonues.
Relies on high spellpower.
Glyphs will be seal of light for 5% more healing done, holy shock glyph for 5 sec cooldown on hs, and divinity glyph for double mana return on loh prolly coupled with fol libram

Healing style will be fol spam with holy shock weaved in if holy shock crits cast one holy light(20% more crit on hl after hs crit)

Second build the t8 set is usefull combined with just high sp as possible/mp5 doubt i will be switching much though to it from first spec
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

This will be my healing spec for Ulduar, it's based on HL/HS spamming with intermediate FoL during low damage phases.

I'll be using Libram of Renewal to maximize the efficiency of HL.

I will be aiming for 45-50% crit on HL and then socket int as much as possible while still matching sockets for int, crit, haste and sp socket bonuses.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We made a change in the 3.1.1 patch to prevent Exorcism from being used on players.
/high five
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

I've done some calculations on socketing intellect and here are the results (no math included):

All calculations are based on that we have replenish with 100% uptime, BoK and Divine Intellect.

One Brilliant Autumn's Glow(16 int) will provide 20.24 intellect, this amounts to:
  • 303.6 mana points
  • 3.795 mp5 from replenish
  • 75.9 mp5 during Divine Plea
  • 0.12 % crit
  • 4 spellpower
To get some real references we can compare 3 Brilliant Autumn's Glow(16 int) with one each of these: The combination of the above three gems will give:
  • 0.34 % crit
  • 19 spellpower
  • 7 mp5
And the three Brilliant Autumn's Glow(16 int) will give:
  • 910.8 mana points
  • 11.385 mp5 from replenish
  • 227.7 mp5 during Divine Plea
  • 0.36 % crit
  • 12 spellpower
So gains/losses for 3xBrilliant Autumn's Glow(16 int) is:
  • +910.8 mana points
  • +0.02% crit
  • -7 spellpower
  • +4.385 mp5
  • +227.7 mp5 during Divine Plea
We actually get more MP5 and crit from the intellect gems than from the combination and I think the mana matters more than 7 spellpower. I haven't taken the added mp5 during DP into consideration here since DP depends heavily on the boss mechanics and that we have a period of low (or no) tank damage where we can pop it (most times you can combine it with AW and pop it during a moderate damage phase aswell) but it's certainly a welcome bonus.

The above calculations has convinced me to almost always socket Brilliant Autumn's Glow(16 int) and only socketing Luminous Monarch Topaz(9 spellpower + 8 int) when I get int or crit or ( or maybe spellpower ) from the socket bonus, I'll have to carefully consider matching blue sockets with Dazzling Forest Emerald(8 int + 3 mp5) but since we need at least 1 blue gem for the meta I'll have at least one of those.
Last edited by Raniz on 24 Apr 2009, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

According to this guide: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t55577-holy ... ide_3_1_a/ int =win (see quote below).

For those 2 people that have never heardof EJ's...it is THE place for theory crafters, good guides (usually based on playtime and not only on theoretical spreadsheets) and loads of info.
Intellect

Intellect has received a HUGE boost with WotLK mechanics, and is now the best stat for Holy Paladins by far. Let me list what 100 Intellect gives you:

- 126.5 Intellect, with BoK and Divine Intellect
- 1897 Mana at the start of the fight
- 39.5mp5 from Divine Plea, if its used on CD.
- 21.3mp5 from Replenishment, with 90% uptime.
- 4.7mp5 from Arcane Torrent, if you are a Blood Elf.
- 25.3 Spell Power
- 0.759% Spell Crit

This gives you a lot of mana, which lets you cast a lot more Holy Lights and be more liberal in using them. If you stack this stat you will be able to spam Holy Light during most fights.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Ulduar 10/25 weapons order by desirability (for me atleast).
At the moment the sword from Auriaya is one of the easiest to get and is much more desirable than the hammer from Razorscale even though it has spirit on it.

The mace from 10man Vezax on hard mode is more desirable than the mace from hard mode Hodir because it has a lot more critrating when socketed with an int gem.
Last edited by Raniz on 24 May 2009, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We are in the process of completing a hotfix that could go live as early as this afternoon that will make the Paladin talent Vindication no longer reduce Intelligence or Stamina from the target it is applied to. The talent will continue to reduce Agility, Spirit, and Strength as it currently does. We felt this change will help balance the ability out, especially in the lower arena brackets where they are very prominent, while not being a negative impact on a Retribution Paladin’s PvE dps.
:lol:
Tbone
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Tbone »

Fenz wrote:
We are in the process of completing a hotfix that could go live as early as this afternoon that will make the Paladin talent Vindication no longer reduce Intelligence or Stamina from the target it is applied to. The talent will continue to reduce Agility, Spirit, and Strength as it currently does. We felt this change will help balance the ability out, especially in the lower arena brackets where they are very prominent, while not being a negative impact on a Retribution Paladin’s PvE dps.
crap shit!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Tbone wrote:
Fenz wrote:
crap shit!
Wonderful
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Lateralus wrote:
Raniz wrote:They're going to do one for each class as I understand it.

I look forward to what they have to say about the future of Holy and Retri paladins.
my guess is a slight change to holy paladins with some kind of funny rotation involved, a buff that is!

retris i dont know, dont know how much vindication nerf did, havent played arena since. any one knows?
(moving this here since it doesn't belong in the shaman thread)

Paladin raidhealing is due for a buff (or rather an implementation), they've said that they aren't happy with paladins only being used for MT healing since they've only got single target spells, we'll see what happens here - I wouldn't mind being able to raidheal for a change.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Raniz wrote:They're going to do one for each class as I understand it.

I look forward to what they have to say about the future of Holy and Retri paladins.
my guess is a slight change to holy paladins with some kind of funny rotation involved, a buff that is!

retris i dont know, dont know how much vindication nerf did, havent played arena since. any one knows?
(moving this here since it doesn't belong in the shaman thread)

Paladin raidhealing is due for a buff (or rather an implementation), they've said that they aren't happy with paladins only being used for MT healing since they've only got single target spells, we'll see what happens here - I wouldn't mind being able to raidheal for a change.
yeah thats what i heard :)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1789980 ... micks.html

Just bring more dins for fol spamming i guess to make up for hl spam being unsustainable for any long time with 3.2. Basiacly turning dins into a okay raid healing and okay mt healing class from prolly the best mt healer now atm.

I think they prolly overlook the pvp side too though with bacon working on all healing and overhealing and fol giving a hot etc combined with a 60yard range not that i care about that but it will prolly nerf the skills again later on :roll:
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Versus wrote:http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1789980 ... micks.html

Just bring more dins for fol spamming i guess to make up for hl spam being unsustainable for any long time with 3.2. Basiacly turning dins into a okay raid healing and okay mt healing class from prolly the best mt healer now atm.

I think they prolly overlook the pvp side too though with bacon working on all healing and overhealing and fol giving a hot etc combined with a 60yard range not that i care about that but it will prolly nerf the skills again later on :roll:
Yeah, I think the best strategy will be to have 2 paladins take the role of one raidhealer and let the raidhealer heal a tank instead.

The changes makes it feel like we're not going to be good at anything but instead an OK tank/raidhealer. Unless the changes made to tanks mean that we can actually use HL when needed instead of risking that the tanks get twoshotted unless we spam big enough heals that the tankhealers has >60% overhealing.

There's no info about whether or not the hot from FoL will stack or not though, so we can only hope that it stacks - that would actually make FoL viable for tankhealing while we could still help out with the raidhealing thanks to beacon.

I guess we'll see what changes they make until the patch goes live aswell, I suspect we will see a few adjustments while it's up on the PTR.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Also not sure if they fix it but that warlock selfbuff which improves healing by 20% on themselves combined with new bacon means it's better to always heal the warlock too instead of the tank since overhealing will be transferred with beacon on the tank. Not sure if other classes these days have also some kind of selfbuff like the warlock one but seems a bit weird mechanic oh well at least Fenz will be usefull for once! :roll: