PALADINS

Chit chat
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

I've just spent two times 5 minutes hitting on a heroic training dummy in TB on live and PTR to test out retri DPS in 3.2 and it seems like it's going to be an improvement.

Live:
Spec and gear
Damage report
Damage breakdown

PTR:
Spec and gear
Damage report
Damage breakdown

As can be seen my DPS is a bit higher on PTR than on Live (even though I haven't got a leg enchant on PTR since I forgot to apply it before copying and couldn't find one on the PTR). Glove enchant has been switched from expertise to AP since I'm easily above expertise cap with the seal of vengeance glyph, the rest of the gear is the same though.

I was having mana issues on the PTR though. I got the low mana warning just as I finished my 5min session. I didn't use any mana regen talents other than judgement though so with judgement of wisdom up and regular use of DP and Arcane Torrent I don't think it'll be an issue.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Interesting but not the holy grail imo discussion on the changes for holy here:

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t64649-holy ... 2_changes/

They seem to have missed in their calc the seal of light glyph too giving 5% more healing.
Gonna stick with my 2 holy builds for now since i have to rebuild an sp/mp5 set anyway. Just wish there was an easy way to get the pvp fol libram :|

Holy shocks should be nice too for burst with that build and can always do hl in emergency just imo in wotlk any reactive healing on the tank at all in my exp was usually too late or hl spam was just too good :P but i guess they have to change dmg spikes now on the tank or make it at least predictable with new dungeons.

5man Heroic dungeon party wanted next patch for t8/t9 farming! :roll:
Read even the new instance comes in 5man too and you can do prolly all the old bosses somehow sounds nice if thats the deal

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=69362.0
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Raniz wrote:I've just spent two times 5 minutes hitting on a heroic training dummy in TB on live and PTR to test out retri DPS in 3.2 and it seems like it's going to be an improvement.

Live:
Spec and gear
Damage report
Damage breakdown

PTR:
Spec and gear
Damage report
Damage breakdown

As can be seen my DPS is a bit higher on PTR than on Live (even though I haven't got a leg enchant on PTR since I forgot to apply it before copying and couldn't find one on the PTR). Glove enchant has been switched from expertise to AP since I'm easily above expertise cap with the seal of vengeance glyph, the rest of the gear is the same though.

I was having mana issues on the PTR though. I got the low mana warning just as I finished my 5min session. I didn't use any mana regen talents other than judgement though so with judgement of wisdom up and regular use of DP and Arcane Torrent I don't think it'll be an issue.
Honstley divine intellect is a waste of 5 talents points. You gain like 19 intellect from that talent. Even if you have a mana problem its not worth the points imo. I would rather put them in Thoughness or Stoicism for the stun/movment things they give.
Wallia
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

I reckon 3.2 will be next week, for holy the latest changes is that beacon now stacks ss does not and can only be applied on a single target only now. Beacon transfers overheals but does not tranfer any healing modifiers on the target to the beacon. Flash of light on a ss'ed target will give a hot that ticks every second equil to 100% of the fol amount over 12 seconds.
4pct9 is pretty hot with these changes doubling the hot amount on a ss'ed target. Illumination nerfed to half of what it was before. Mp5 on all loot in creased by 25%.
DS build seems nerfed to always reduce raid dmg to the max of 150% of paladin health even when bubbled.

Personnally gonna build a sp/mp5 set built on fol spam now :P
New epic gems can also be bought for emblems of heroism or 10k honor.
(all emblems can be transferred down to heroism)
THe heroic daily quest drops 2 of the new highest t9 emblems.
New 5man dungeon too with new lootzor
Gonna run some 5mans soon when i got time to rebuild from my crit build
:roll:
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

I'll probably stick with my crit-build and see what I can do to balance my gear in 3.2, I think crit and mp5 will give quite equal mana regen for HL - FoL regen doesn't really matter since it's so cheap anyways.

I guess we'll have to decide who to SS before we start an encounter to maximise the effect of the hots.

I don't know if it's possible for Mao to keep a shield up on himself all time or if a holy paladin should take care of that.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Also with the new ss and hot mechanic the hot part of an ssed target does stack with other dins.
So if it's needed i guess for hardmodes or something to squeeze every bit of healing on a tank as possible every din in the raid even the ret/prot can cast a fol on a ss'ed target and it will give a seperate hot stacking with the other hots from ss even if the sacred shield isnt yours. Read that for retadin this doesnt even cost any dps since you should have free cd's in a standard rotation and get instant flashes from i think art of war talent it was anyway.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

well youre supposed to use em for insta excorsism after the change to casttime 1.5 sec? or something blizz didnt want em to have it as a distance closer nuke in pvp so now it takes time standing still to "the power of christ compells you bitch!"-people

so art of war procs with healing is a dps loss for the pally not just the GcD but for some fights sure but its not something they can do every fight for free there is a dps tradeloss how big that is i cant say
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Versus wrote:Also with the new ss and hot mechanic the hot part of an ssed target does stack with other dins.
So if it's needed i guess for hardmodes or something to squeeze every bit of healing on a tank as possible every din in the raid even the ret/prot can cast a fol on a ss'ed target and it will give a seperate hot stacking with the other hots from ss even if the sacred shield isnt yours. Read that for retadin this doesnt even cost any dps since you should have free cd's in a standard rotation and get instant flashes from i think art of war talent it was anyway.
With CS on 4s cooldown there aren't much time spent waiting for abilities to become ready.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We just deployed a hotfix to modify Holy Wrath so this spell has the same diminishing return mechanics that other player stun spells and abilities currently have. This will prevent Undead creatures that we wish to be susceptible to stun from being permanently stunned if you include enough Paladins in your raid who then rotate their Holy Wrath casts.

This will affect the difficulty of Anub'arak, but we didn't want the "right way" to defeat this fight to involve bringing five Paladins who glyphed their Holy Wrath spell.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Shizume
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Shizume »

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
Jolli
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Swift retribution?

Post by Jolli »

Is our raiding retribution pallys(Wallia) using Swift Retritbution?

This is good to know for us resto druids, since we(or atleast I) are using different gear sets depending on the group setup.
Karura
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Karura »

Its too quiet in here :(
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

I bubbled/heartstoned into real life for now personally!
Crazy graphics here!