Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Meek wrote:
sudo wrote:quake 3 > quake 1 > quake 2 anyway
fixed
Weirdo! Q3....
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

I stopped playing fps's when that came out :)

daoc baby !
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

2.4.3 patchnotes wrote:Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
Akuro stares in disbelief as libram rotation fly out the window

Seriously, that's fucked up!
I understand that they're trying to counter people using haste weapons for haste when beginning to cast a spell and then switching in a +heal/damage weapon for when it is released. But it could have been implemented in a way that does not fuck with my librams.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote:
2.4.3 patchnotes wrote:Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
Akuro stares in disbelief as libram rotation fly out the window

Seriously, that's fucked up!
I understand that they're trying to counter people using haste weapons for haste when beginning to cast a spell and then switching in a +heal/damage weapon for when it is released. But it could have been implemented in a way that does not fuck with my librams.
what libram things? tell me sum mó
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

I switch librams during spellcast so the GCD triggered by switching weapons times out before the spell is done casting. Thus making it possible to switch in the libram that's most usable at the time instead of wasting a GCD on switching libram.

For example I use Blessed Book of Nagrand for Flash of Light and switch between Libram of Mending and Libram of Souls Redeemed for Holy Light depending on how much time is left on the mp5 buff from Libram of Mending.

This change - which is implemented to counter the haste/healing/damage weapon switching I mentioned above - will either gimp my mp5 or my hps.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Aha i see, personally i didnt like the switch during spellcast thing mostly because then i have to make a hell of alot macros, and as a warlock. I have enough buttons to worry about ^^
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

Paladin

* Retribution paladins itemization will be moved to the same item as Warriors/Death Knights
* A new reactive healing spell will be added - Hand of Purity.
* Paladin's short-term-blessings no longer overwrite long-term-blessings.

P.S weeeee After a year of waiting we get a new spell
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Nerwen wrote:Paladin

* Retribution paladins itemization will be moved to the same item as Warriors/Death Knights
* A new reactive healing spell will be added - Hand of Purity.
* Paladin's short-term-blessings no longer overwrite long-term-blessings.

P.S weeeee After a year of waiting we get a new spell
Pallies are fine again! ;)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Yay, Hand of Purity will be a single-target Prayer of Mending as far as I understand.

Retribution sharing gear with warriors and deathknights probably means that they'll have a talent that increases their intellect based on strength or something like that.

As for protection paladins I suppose they will be sharing gear with warriors and gain spelldamage via talents.

And us holies will probably have our own loot table as we're the only healingclass with plate (well, no healing class shares armor with another, so no surprise there).
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Blizzard on changes concerning Holy Paladin healing

Post by Nerwen »

Blizzard on why Paladin changes are taking so long:

Text: Quite honestly one of the reasons we saved paladins for last is because there is a lot we wanted to change with them. Paladins are changing probably more than any other class. The tiny little bit you heard at the WWI is just the beginning.

The discussion about a new healing spell was just to say yes, we think paladins need another healing mechanic. It isn’t finished yet. We don’t want to just hand them a thinly disguised druid or priest spell. We also want paladins to tank more actively and want retribution paladins to have a little better control over their damage without the bursts feeling quite so random. (And no, that’s not all we’re looking at).

It’s all coming. It’s just a lot of work. Try to stay positive....

This post from the alpha forums previews some of the changes to Holy Paladin healing that Blizzard has planed for future Beta testing:

PS. I can not w8 :)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

From the wotlk beta:

Paladin

* All Auras now affect all party and raid members within the area of effect.
* Anticipation (Protection) moved to tier 1, now increases chance to dodge by 1/2/3/4/5%.
* Avenger's Shield (Protection) cast time reduced to .5 seconds, duration increased to 10 seconds.
* Avenging Wrath no longer causes Forebearance, damage increase reduced to 20%, now increases healing done by 20%.
* Blessing of Freedom renamed Hand of Freedom. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
* Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed. Their effects have been folded into all relevant abilities.
* Blessing of Protection renamed Hand of Protection. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. All ranks now cost 6% of base mana.
* Blessing of Sacrifice renamed Hand of Sacrifice, is now only 1 rank and transfers 20% of the damage taken to the caster, duration reduced to 12 seconds, cooldown increased to 2 minutes. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
* Blessing of Salvation renamed Hand of Salvation, now reduces total threat on the target by 2% per second for 10 seconds while also reducing all damage and healing done by 10%. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
* Conviction (Retribution) now increases critical chance with all spells and melee attacks.
* Divine Intellect (Holy) moved to tier 2, increases total Intellect by 3/6/9/12/15%.
* Divine Intervention cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
* Divine Protection and Divine Shield now cost 3% of base mana.
* Divine Purpose (Retribution) now reduces chance to be hit by spells and ranged attacks by 1/2/3%.
* Divine Strength (Holy) moved to tier 1 in the Protection tree.
* Greater Blessing of Salvation removed.
* Hammer of Justice now costs 3% of base mana.
* Hammer of Wrath is now considered a Retribution spell, moved from Holy, mana cost reduced, missile speed increased, now usable on targets below 35% health.
* Healing Light (Holy) moved to tier 2.
* Holy Shield (Protection) cooldown reduced to 8 seconds.
* Holy Shock (Holy) range changed to 20/40 yards when used on enemies/friends respectively, cooldown reduced to 6 seconds.
* Holy Wrath is now instant cast, causes a 3 second stun, cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, radius reduced to 10 yards.
* Illumination (Holy) moved to tier 3.
* Improved Concentration Aura (Protection) moved to the Holy tree.
* Improved Concentration Aura moved from the Protection tree to tier 4 in the Holy tree.
* Improved Devotion Aura (Protection) moved to tier 4, reduced to 3 ranks, now increases armor of Devotion Aura by 17/34/50% and increases all healing done to units affected by Devotion Aura by 1/2/3%.
* Improved Hammer of Justice (Protection) now reduces cooldwon by 10/20/30 secs.
* Improved Righteous Fury (Protection) threat bonus folded into base spell, talent still reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%.
* Improved Sanctity Aura (Retribution) renamed Sanctified Retribution, now causes all units affected by Retribution Aura to cause 2% more damage.
* Improved Seal of Righteousness (Holy) moved to tier 1, renamed XXX, now affects Seal of Righteousness, Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption.
* Improved Seal of the Crusader (Retribution) renamed Heart of the Crusader and the effects now apply to all Judgement spells.
* Judgement of Justice will no longer prevent Fear effects, only prevent NPCs from fleeing (e.g. at low health).
* Lay on Hands no longer drains all mana, cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
* Pure of Heart (Holy) reduced to 2 ranks, now reduces duration of Curse and Disease effects by 25/50%.
* Redoubt (Protection) moved to tier 2.
* Repentance (Retribution) mana cost changed to 9% of base, duration increased to 1 minute (10 second PvP duration), now usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids and Undead.
* Retribution Aura damage increased and now gains damage based on Holy spell power.
* Righteous Fury now increases threat caused by Holy damage by 90%.
* Sanctified Light (Holy) now also increases the critical chance of Holy Shock.
* Sanctity Aura (Retribution) removed.
* Seal of Justice/Judgement reduced to 1 rank with all the effects of the previous rank 2, the Judgement effect no longer prevents Fear.
* Seal of the Crusader has been removed. The effects of Judgement of the Crusader have been folded into all relevant abilities.
* Seal of Vengeance damage over time effect duration increased to 18 seconds.
* Spiritual Focus (Holy) moved to tier 1.
* Stoicism (Protection) moved to tier 2, now reduces duration of Stun effects by 10/20/30% and reduces chance your spells will be resisted by 10/20/30%.
* Toughness (Protection) moved to tier 3.
* Turn Undead (ranks 1 and 2) removed. Turn Evil now granted at level 24, mana cost changed to 9% of base.
* Unyielding Faith (Holy) moved to tier 2.
Larona
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Larona »

Palas are back to basics :p Spamming a whole fight only Salvation on people on top of tps meters :lol:
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

Last edited by Nerwen on 18 Jul 2008, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Talent calculators updated

Post by Nerwen »

Holy
* The amount of health point healed by Holy Shock has been increased by 66%. (eg. Rank 7 now heals for 2401-2599 instead of 1431-1549)
* Infusion of Light now reduces the cast time of your next Holy Light spell by 1.3/2.5 secs instead of 1.25/2.5 secs.

Protection
* Holy Shield will now give you 6 charges instead of 4.
* Avenger's Shield mana cost reduced by 70%, damage has been reduced. (eg. Rank 3 now deals 494-602 damage for 780 mana instead of 705-861 for 1745 mana)
* Guarded by the Light now reduces the mana cost of your Consecration, Holy Wrath and Avenger's Shield by 15/30% (Old version : Whenever your parry or dodge an attack you have a 10% chance to reduce the mana cost of your next Consecration, Holy Wrath, or Avenger's Shield spell by 25%/50%)

Retribution Paladin
* Improved Blessing of Might buffed: Increases the attack power bonus of your Blessing of Might by 10/20/30/40/50%.(talent location)
* Vindication now gives a 20% debuff for 2 talent points instead of 15% for 3. New tooltip: Gives the Paladin's damaging attacks a chance to reduce the target's attributes by 10/20% for 15 sec.(talent location)
* Pursuit of Justice reduced to 2 talent points. New tooltip: Reduces the chance you'll be hit by spells by 1/2% and increases movement and mounted movement speed by 8/15%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.(talent location)
* Repentance now costs 395 mana instead of 9% of base mana.

New talent tree

Beacon of light on practice
Looks awsame :)