SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Placeholder PVP talents for upcoming Shaman WotLK revision: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hVhhqbZG0gcoxzAGkubRt

Weapon Mastery at 3/3 points, a new offhand attack that procs 75% to 100% of your offhand weapon in damage with a 3sec cooldown, as well as access as enhancement to 100% critical strike damage modifier.
Note to self: redo talents once it is patched on wotlk and processed by wowhead.
Last edited by sneek on 21 Sep 2008, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Restoration

* Healing Focus - Reduces the pushback suffered by 23/46/70% instead of giving you a 23/46/70% chance to avoid interruption.
* Blessing of the Eternals - Now increases the chance to apply the Earthliving heal over time effect on the target by 40/80% when they are at or under 35% total health instead of increasing the bonus healing from your Earthliving weapon by 5/10%.
* Earthliving Weapon - All ranks saw a healing increase, max rank now 70 up from 26.
* Spirit Link - Removed, replaced with Riptide.
* Riptide - Heals a friendly target for 764 to 826 and another 477 over 15 sec sec. Your next Chain Heal cast on that primary target within 15 sec sec will consume the healing over time effect and increase the amount of the Chain Heal by 25%. 18% of base mana, 40 yd range, Instant Cast, 6 sec cooldown

:'(

Base mana, is that the mana you have without gear or the mana you have without buffs?
This new rule set confuses me!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

ouff spirit link gone.. :<
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Base mana is the mana you have without any gear on, yes.
Spirit Link was apparently too powerful when it comes to being active on a main tank.
I hear there's a similar issue with the Paladin's Beacon of Light.

Basically RIPTIDE is as expensive as Rejuvenation, and it heals for just about as much.
However it is linked to a cooldown, making it kind of weird.

Enhancement plays funky.
The Lava Lash ability works especially funky right now, which might very well not be intended.
LL does 100% of your offhand in damage.
It gains a 25% bonus if you have flametongue weapon imbued on it.
It chews up a 20% (or 26% bonus if you have the Glyph) of Stormstrike.
It will critical strike for 200% of the damage it would normally deal.
If you have 5/5 in Elemental Fury, you get an additional fifty percent increase in critical strike damage, bringing a critical strike to 250% damage dealt.

So, you dual wield stuff, hit with your mainhand for 500, offhand for 250 since dual wielding has a 50% offhand damage penalty.
250 x 1.25 x 1.20 = 375 fire damage dealt by Lava Lash.
Or, if it crits, 375 x 2.50 = 938 fire damage dealt by a critical Lava Lash.
Note that a regular mainhand hit will crit for 1000 physical tops, before armor mitigation.
It's definately a very nice attack, provided they keep the synergy with Elemental Fury.

I've tried timing Improved Fire Nova totem with a StormStrike+LavaLash on the PTR and I think it might be possible, with exceptional timing, to unload those attacks into a stunned enemy.
Guaranteeing them to connect and not be parried, dodged or blocked.
You have a two second stun from the Nova Totem to deliver two attacks in seperated by a global cooldown of one-and-a-half second.

Also, Fire Nova Totem can cause DR to occur with any target it connects to.
Spamming the Totem will cause this to happen. You need to give at least two seconds additional pause after the cooldown of the totem is over to prevent this from happening.
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

do we have any enhancement shamans left?
if we do, have you tried Brunnhildar Axe ? the equip effect procs your flametongue and frost brand so you get atleast 2 procs each hit.
it says in the comments that the equip effect can proc from your weapon enhancements aswell thus causing a chain proc.

edit. "It appears that it has already been hotfixed as of this morning." so never mind then :P
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Griefer shamans!

"I know this isn't new, but I discovered my new favorite past-time when I decided to respec my shaman to elemental to farm dailies: thunderstorming alliance off of naxx and watching them fall to their death. My only regret is that I'm on a server that is about 5:1 horde, instead of the opposite.

I thought about whether this makes me a jackass, and concluded that it probably does, but it makes me laugh so hard I can't stop myself from doing it. This is reason enough to level a shaman. It's so god damn funny.

I'm naked in the screenshot because I also experimented with mid-air t-storming, which is just as effective but gets me killed as well. This is probably a little more grief-ish so I may not do it anymore...after I go on a patch day killing spree on tomorrow."
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

i did the same in BG

Lumber mill, EOTS and the AV bridge near the allie base are perfect spots :D
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

the new talents in elemental and enhancement looks fun.
earthbind finally gets a root effect with storm, earth and fire

this build looks like it can be fun:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=hVfVqrd0tGbhZMTgcoVz0M

frost shock w/ 3 sec cd and 100% chance to root the target if they are 15y away from you, combined with imp gw and storm, earth and fire for teh awesum kite potential. =)

oh, and: FROST SHOCK!1
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We don't like totem stomping macros and we are taking steps to prevent them. Because of technical limitations, these changes probably won't be in place for 3.1. But we will get them in place soon.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

quick question. to use the rock-scissors-paper analogy.

Assuming that Shamans are scissors which class would be paper?
Skipping all the L2P comments does anyone really know?
I'm guessing one of the cloth classes for enhancement but as elemental i cant really find any class to which my mechanics are particularly strong...
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Gorlom wrote:quick question. to use the rock-scissors-paper analogy.

I'm guessing one of the cloth classes for enhancement but as elemental i cant really find any class to which my mechanics are particularly strong...
warriors? :D
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

Lateralus wrote:

charge/intercept, hamstring, pummle, reflect = no :wink:
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Toenibbler wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

charge/intercept, hamstring, pummle, reflect = no :wink:
hm k
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

i tend to go for targets already occupied with something else and once they realise what the hell is going on they get hit all sorts of flying shit doing a lot more dmg then they expected but as for 1v1 as elemental its not that simple

im guessing you need to change up your playstile a bit since if you cant just stand there spamming lb . have a look at wowmovies and search for elemental to see how they do it i suppose
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

as long as you dont get slowed, you can get away with ghostwolf and frosthock/earthbind

the moment any melee hits/traps you, your dead