SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

Toenibbler wrote:as long as you dont get slowed, you can get away with ghostwolf and frosthock/earthbind

the moment any melee hits/traps you, your dead
the patch makes that easier, at least vs warriors with the root effect on earthbind. to make it easier you could take the talent in enhancement for frost nova effect on frost shock if they're at least 15y away from you. those 2 combined with the stun from fire nova made it pretty simple for me atleast on ptr. they still managed to run over me a few times with large crits though. because mandra doesn't have much of a pvp set to speak of :P
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

psythe wrote:
Toenibbler wrote:as long as you dont get slowed, you can get away with ghostwolf and frosthock/earthbind

the patch makes that easier, at least vs warriors with the root effect on earthbind. to make it easier you could take the talent in enhancement for frost nova effect on frost shock if they're at least 15y away from you. those 2 combined with the stun from fire nova made it pretty simple for me atleast on ptr. they still managed to run over me a few times with large crits though. because mandra doesn't have much of a pvp set to speak of :P
true but, you are missing out of some really nice talents then. thunderstorm for instance.

drop and EB and then thunderstorm, the moment they are back in your range, they are trapped and you can use it whilled stunned now. or just frostshock afterwards and trinket out of the moment slowing effect if you still have it :)
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

Toenibbler wrote:
psythe wrote:

true but, you are missing out of some really nice talents then. thunderstorm for instance.

drop and EB and then thunderstorm, the moment they are back in your range, they are trapped and you can use it whilled stunned now. or just frostshock afterwards and trinket out of the moment slowing effect if you still have it :)
i didn't try dueling other melee classes much but vs warriors thunderstorm wasn't really needed when you had so great cc as you have with a spec i used. it's more like you sacrifice burst for survival but i can see how you'd need thunderstorm for classes like death knights when they death grip you.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Ensidia dude wrote a guide for Resto shamans, I found it a nice read maybe new and aspiring find it useful:

http://www.ensidia.com/home/shaman-rest ... 1-general/
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

Fenz wrote:Ensidia dude wrote a guide for Resto shamans, I found it a nice read maybe new and aspiring find it useful:

http://www.ensidia.com/home/shaman-rest ... 1-general/
there are imo 2 ways to approach the way shamans heal, Chain heal or lhw/HW. he chooses LHW like me but i will never take nature's guardian.

nice link though
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Imba Q to the mf A.
Hope to get it on locks as well ^^.

Shamans, hunters and warlocks are all in the bottom of arenarepresentation.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

They're going to do one for each class as I understand it.

I look forward to what they have to say about the future of Holy and Retri paladins.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Raniz wrote:They're going to do one for each class as I understand it.

I look forward to what they have to say about the future of Holy and Retri paladins.
my guess is a slight change to holy paladins with some kind of funny rotation involved, a buff that is!

retris i dont know, dont know how much vindication nerf did, havent played arena since. any one knows?
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Blahran wrote:http://blue.mmo-champion.com/8/17779532 ... m-bar.html

nice totem changes for shamans
yeah gonna be fun to try. hope they just adress warlock and hunter issues as well as shamans in next patch..
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

Is it just me or does the new elemental shaman set bonuses seem broken? =P

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=48323

(2) Set: Increases the duration of your Flame Shock spell by 61 sec.

(4) Set: Increases the damage done by your Lava Burst spell by 0.021 sec.
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Most likely placeholders :)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Chain Heal range on PTRs

We changed the number 8 on the Chain Heal spell to a 10. I am pretty sure whatever bugs WoW might have would not make these two numbers the same. So however you are measuring the range on live, it is 2 yards higher on the PTR.