SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
Veroth
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Veroth »

Gorlom wrote:WTB http://www.thottbot.com/beta?sp=10807 (ghostwolf form only?)
What is that?
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

Veroth wrote:
Gorlom wrote:WTB http://www.thottbot.com/beta?sp=10807 (ghostwolf form only?)
What is that?
/dance in ghostwolf mode....opponent dies, quite simple.
Horngrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Horngrim »

Toenibbler wrote:..but i really like the 5% more mana talents in enhancement..they should move that talent to resto or elelemental..melee shamans dont need mana, except for a few heals or so and lightning shield.
Yeh i know what you mean, i'm currently on 31/5/15 just because of those 5% extra mana.

Havent decided what i'll do after patch comes yet, only that i'm probably not going back to enhancement since i vendored all my melee gear after respeccing elemental last time, and i cant miss my improved heal (elemental/enhancement spec seems ... well, weird :D).
So i'll probably continue further down the elemental tree, or respec resto for the ES. It's in the resto tree right ? cant remember exactly anymore, can't look it up either since company blocks a LOT of sites here at Philips :/
Battle doesn't need a purpose
Battle is it's own purpose
You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns
Don't ask why I fight
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

only that i'm probably not going back to enhancement since i vendored all my melee gear after respeccing elemental last time,
this is the stupidest thing you can do, sell the gear you have that now is slightly less usefull for your new spec

if they nerf your curernt build/buff your old and you want to go back? now what do you do? start from scratch? save that gear in the bank if you respecc again its only a bag or two create mules for essences etc if you save thoose

on morlog i have my entire manin bank window and 3 bags just full with different types of gear (mostly resist gear and some alternate pieces of eq)

and i carry the tank/dps gear with me at all times aswell

save your spec gear folks esp if youre hybrids
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Horngrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Horngrim »

yeh i know i realised later on i would encounter that problem, but i needed the bagspace and i thought ... well "didnt think" is probably more accurate :/
Battle doesn't need a purpose
Battle is it's own purpose
You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns
Don't ask why I fight
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/under ... 5310510321

my spec when the patch hits before BC :D
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

Toenibbler wrote:http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/under ... 5310510321

my spec when the patch hits before BC :D
I was just about to ask why you didn't took 5/5 imp. HW, but then again I just remembered Blizzard fucked downranking over.

I even made this "healing sheet" myself to test how bad they nerfed the downranking.

The good thing about it: we're not forced to use as many points in resto as before

The bad thing: General healing gets worse, and they more or less completely kill the effect of +healing.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Read comments that healers felt that fast, 1.5s casttime, heals felt inadequate for 5-mans.
Really wonder how big an impact it all is going to make.

Personally I have never downranked and have felt it's been an exploit of the game mechanics.
You could for example spam Lightning Bolt rank 4 all the time and let it have, at L60, enjoy the full benefit of your +spelldamage gear.
Really messed up.

From their description of the coefficient changes though it seems you can downrank at least one if not more spell levels down.

My L60 build till BC hits the scene: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=uZoZVf0tVested
Now for some more choice items that add Interrupt and Silence resistance!
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

The problem is just that if you can't downrank some heals... let's take for example Healing wave, then it's completely useless for other than NS healing. Or well, it's not completely useless as it's nice to have a healing wave rank 10 timed right after a shadowflame on nef for example, but the posibilities of the healing rank 10 is way too high. There's basicly too much risk about using heals that fill up a rank in 2 heals, as the chance for overhealing (aka waste mana) is very high. The only fights I can see 50% of tanks hp's heal will be used must be in fights like Patchwerk for 20men.

Downranking have always been one of the most powerful things, even for some DPS classes that got mana issues on their own (warlocks etc.). But it also made healing fun, and more various... like for example when I was resto I used 5 kinds of healing wave, and basicly in TBC you'll use 2 kinds of heals. The only thing we can hope for is that actual hybrid finally gets taken into the game, for shamans.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Lawl ^^
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Veroth
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Veroth »

hahahaha :lol:
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Horngrim wrote:yeh i know i realised later on i would encounter that problem, but i needed the bagspace and i thought ... well "didnt think" is probably more accurate :/
hahaha
fucking noob :)
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In soviet Russia, poem writes you.
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 6459&sid=1

another shaman wish list: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0191&sid=1

but i still want my earthgrab totem talent in the resto tree.
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

In light of the set bonii getting released for Tier 4...

The 4-piece Shaman elemental set bonus is a 40% chance on every offensive crit to reduce the cost of your next offensive spell by 270 mana.
A L70 lightning bolt is 300 mana or 270 mana if you've got 5/5 in Convection.

Assume a baseline crit of 5% due to intellect (400 int at L70 will do that, it seems) and then 6% from 5/5 Call Of Thunder as well as 5% from 5/5 Tidal Mastery as well as 4% from equipment worn you're looking at a base shaman critrate of 20%.
That cyclone elementalist set has 2.3% to crit with spells on it.

0.20 x 0.40 = 8% chance to proc the next lightningbolt is free when spamming lightning bolts.
Quite a nice bonus to be honest, but I doubt if it'll help.