Dr Freeman

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Dr Freeman

Post by Fenz »

I saw your Destr/demo build.

I had a full destructionbuild for awhile and you hit pretty hard. Daze is good to have in that build imho.

But...with the new things in demonology (+ lots of people having FR gear, assuming you want destr. for PvP?) you will hit harder with all spells with a MD/Ruin build (just have the succy out and get lucky on that talisman).

I will soon respec out of SL to get ruin again. SL is nice but when I pvp I play with good healers and I rather nuke people into oblivion 8)

Also heavy damage is nice on Raggie :twisted:
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Dr Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:I saw your Destr/demo build.

I had a full destructionbuild for awhile and you hit pretty hard. Daze is good to have in that build imho.

But...with the new things in demonology (+ lots of people having FR gear, assuming you want destr. for PvP?) you will hit harder with all spells with a MD/Ruin build (just have the succy out and get lucky on that talisman).

I will soon respec out of SL to get ruin again. SL is nice but when I pvp I play with good healers and I rather nuke people into oblivion 8)

Also heavy damage is nice on Raggie :twisted:
Ahh what a good answer.. we never get these kinds of answers in the wloc forum.. the best answer u get is like "u not l33t wloc reroll rogue n00b" haha

Yah i thought of that build because it would be cool to 1 have a build not so many have and u get another insta attack. So i thought that them 10% would easily get owned by another attack instead. But i do like the demonology very much now so i dont think it will be permanent.. as u said i am md/ruin now but i will most likely go for Soul Link soon again.. i like to have that kind of Hp and being dependable on crits is not really my playstyle but its nice to hit hard :)

I guess i will try the conflagate when i feel i can afford it but for that to happen id like to have more dmg gear who is not only +shadow. And after that get back to soul link :p

Thanks for ur input though :D
/freeman
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I stopped getting only + shadow damage items in favor of overall + damage items. Alltho I have some + shadowdamage only items ike my belt.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:I stopped getting only + shadow damage items in favor of overall + damage items. Alltho I have some + shadowdamage only items ike my belt.
Yes im trying to mix stamina/int and +dmg now because i find it better in instanses and a high hp pool will come handy when i get SL again.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122000000

I just read my thread on eu forums now and in somehow they now are discussing if my build is a good way to level up. well.. /eatshitndieforruinmyquestion

that belt yes.. I WANT IT!!!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I recently respecced to SM/DS. :P Reason being that we got hit with the nerfbat again (Impr Drain mana nerf ftl). So I decided if I have to respec anyway I could very well try out a different build for some time (only 15g respecs :)).

I'm curious how it will do next time I do Onyxia and Molten Core. It's a kind of weird not having any points in Destruction though. I won't miss Impr Shadowbolt much (I only have the 5% base critchance + some from int), but Bane and especially Shadowburn are kind of hard to miss. And no more inf mana really is weird. :) In normal instances I guess I'll do about the same damage if I sacrifice my succy (should more or less make up the loss of Bane), maybe even abit more if it's not just the pure SB spammage, but in really long fights I'll probably take a dip, since DP > DS(VW) for pure mana regen. I do expect my survivability to be abit better, since I'll be even less reliant on healing.

So far I've only grinded abit. Saccing the VW for health regen and enslaving a demon is a fun and fast way to grind. I also noticed my succy holds aggro a little bit better, and of course summoning a pet in .5s is nice as well. I haven't been ganked by a rogue yet though, so I'm not really sure how well it'll all work out.

All in all, it's nice to try out a different build for a change, but I think I'll change back to my DP build eventually.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:I recently respecced to SM/DS. :P Reason being that we got hit with the nerfbat again (Impr Drain mana nerf ftl). So I decided if I have to respec anyway I could very well try out a different build for some time (only 15g respecs :)).

I'm curious how it will do next time I do Onyxia and Molten Core. It's a kind of weird not having any points in Destruction though. I won't miss Impr Shadowbolt much (I only have the 5% base critchance + some from int), but Bane and especially Shadowburn are kind of hard to miss. And no more inf mana really is weird. :) In normal instances I guess I'll do about the same damage if I sacrifice my succy (should more or less make up the loss of Bane), maybe even abit more if it's not just the pure SB spammage, but in really long fights I'll probably take a dip, since DP > DS(VW) for pure mana regen. I do expect my survivability to be abit better, since I'll be even less reliant on healing.

So far I've only grinded abit. Saccing the VW for health regen and enslaving a demon is a fun and fast way to grind. I also noticed my succy holds aggro a little bit better, and of course summoning a pet in .5s is nice as well. I haven't been ganked by a rogue yet though, so I'm not really sure how well it'll all work out.

All in all, it's nice to try out a different build for a change, but I think I'll change back to my DP build eventually.
Yes its very fun and good to try diffrent ones.. when i tried SL for first time i was sceptic as hell about the demonology tree.. i had SM for all my time leveling and stuff so hadnt tried demono at all but now i love it :D

but i think ruin is sooo overrated.. ok when it does hit its good but it seems like being dependant on luck instead of skill :p
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:but i think ruin is sooo overrated.. ok when it does hit its good but it seems like being dependant on luck instead of skill :p
Agreed, it's nice for PVP, but for PVE it just sucks. Besides, it's been a very long time since I had more than 12 points in Destruction (had 22/8/21 for quite some time, was pretty nice). :)
Jump in!
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

stfu overnukers!11!one
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Skyly wrote:stfu overnukers!11!one
go to your daoc crybaby /whistle
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Ok, I'm back to 31/8/12. :P DS is a very nice skill to have, but not having shadowburn was really gimping me in PVP. Another annoying thing was that I used to sac the VW, but I kept getting an imp on death, burdening me with a shardcost every death. So in between AB matches I respecced again and my performance was immediately much improved. :) It's back to me and the imp again!
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

You need to summon the pet that you want to have IN the BG and you will keep getting it when you die.
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

but if someone kills your pet before you die the spirit healers wont ressurect it will they? so kill the pet to waste a shard for them?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Fenz wrote:You need to summon the pet that you want to have IN the BG and you will keep getting it when you die.
I know Fenz, and that didn't work reliably: sometimes I got the VW back (and immediately sacked him :)), sometimes the Imp, and sometimes nothing. Hence my disappointment. :)
Gorlom wrote:but if someone kills your pet before you die the spirit healers wont ressurect it will they? so kill the pet to waste a shard for them?
That doesn't matter. You should (and most of the time it works) get your last used pet. It works abit like this:

Code: Select all

On_entering_BG: std_pet = Imp;
On_summon&#58; std_pet = <pet_summoned>;
On_rez&#58; Give_Pet&#40;std_pet&#41;;
Of course, everyone is asking himself, how hard could it be to check what the current pet is on entering the BG, but we all know how excellent the Blizz coding team is...
Last edited by xen on 15 Sep 2005, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:You need to summon the pet that you want to have IN the BG and you will keep getting it when you die.
OK i was thinking like this.. if i never try i never know.. and now i know. and i kinda love it.. this build seems to be uberlibyyyyber in bgrounds and i like the extra attack more than i like cheese on a hot pizza

here is build

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122025151

Im thinking of maybe in the future giving up the fast summoning and getting more into destruction. But the combo Immolate, searing, searing, conflagrate is so freaking good in mass pvp.. didnt try much 1v1 because i had no time. and also tried build in zul gurub and ok i did die from overagro a few times but with a new spell buttom i have to click on it as much as i can so that part in me will cool down soon i think :D

SO im going to go with it for a while and see how it fits me :p

Cheeers
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

On the test server I had a similar build, and it's very nice to pwn people with. :) I personally don't like the downtime / mana dependency of it, but it works very well. Some people go 7/8/36 for some affliction goodies, but Master Summoner can be nice to give an edge in difficult situations such as rogues ganking or warriors.

A couple of notes:
  • I would drop Pyroclasm (still bugged I think) for Impr Firebolt. They fixed it so he really has a 1s cooldown now, so that makes one triggerhappy Imp. 8) Besides, you'll have CoE on most of the time, so the Imp perfectly complements this. AND you'll both be OoM at around the same time. :)

There is one leftover point in Demonology. You put it Fel Stamina, but that's kinda useless (although that goes for most talents there). You could put it in Impr VW for a little bit better shield (~200 hp?) if you think you'll use it much. Or you could put it into Fel Intellect for maybe one more firebolt or 0,5 seduce. :)
Jump in!