Dr Freeman

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I would drop Intensity, Pyroclasm (not bugged just a sucky talent) and conflagrate. Instead of conflagrate you can just nuke with SP, there is no way to really time it so you can cast it on the last immolate tic (in PvP). If you do it too early you "wasted" immolate. Might be nice for PvE tho.

Instead of those talents I would take Daze. The slow works also on RoF and procs quite a lot.

The destruction build is fun (I would probably try to sqeeze in instant corruption and improved lifetap myself) it rules the BG's.

Still can't say goodbye to the goodies of Master Demonologist tho + seduce nuking still kills most opponents very fast too 8)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:On the test server I had a similar build, and it's very nice to pwn people with. :) I personally don't like the downtime / mana dependency of it, but it works very well. Some people go 7/8/36 for some affliction goodies, but Master Summoner can be nice to give an edge in difficult situations such as rogues ganking or warriors.

A couple of notes:
  • I would drop Pyroclasm (still bugged I think) for Impr Firebolt. They fixed it so he really has a 1s cooldown now, so that makes one triggerhappy Imp. 8) Besides, you'll have CoE on most of the time, so the Imp perfectly complements this. AND you'll both be OoM at around the same time. :)

There is one leftover point in Demonology. You put it Fel Stamina, but that's kinda useless (although that goes for most talents there). You could put it in Impr VW for a little bit better shield (~200 hp?) if you think you'll use it much. Or you could put it into Fel Intellect for maybe one more firebolt or 0,5 seduce. :)

Yeah but i dont play so much with the imp so thats why i went 3/3 with succubus.. i just love to seduce and get some time to clear my head and after that blow that motha in to oblivion.. but it sounds cool to have a walking machinegun with me.. and the reason i went for pyroclasm was just that ive heard that everyone says it sucked and i kinda needed proof and now i know it sux :p.

so i got me 3 alternative builds.. one is like this (although i dont like to put points into corruption because i think it sux without nightfall)

1# http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122005151

2# http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122005151 (this one lacks one of my favourite passive spells though and its that sweet stamina u get but u get good reach and nightfall.. best of 2 worlds)

3# http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122005151 (similar to the one i got but includes improvement of 2 pets)

About fel stamina i just took something there ebcause i didnt know where to put it.. i did this respec pretty fast so didnt even go after calc because i was in a hurry to zul gurub

btw did u notice the reputation warlock robe u get there? CHEEESUSS 35 stamina 1% chance to hit withj spells and like 27 +dmg

sweet moses
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:I would drop Intensity, Pyroclasm (not bugged just a sucky talent) and conflagrate. Instead of conflagrate you can just nuke with SP, there is no way to really time it so you can cast it on the last immolate tic (in PvP). If you do it too early you "wasted" immolate. Might be nice for PvE tho.

Instead of those talents I would take Daze. The slow works also on RoF and procs quite a lot.

The destruction build is fun (I would probably try to sqeeze in instant corruption and improved lifetap myself) it rules the BG's.

Still can't say goodbye to the goodies of Master Demonologist tho + seduce nuking still kills most opponents very fast too 8)
Thanks for input on the daze ability have never really thought of that one :p

though seduce nuking is working damn fine without the extrapoints as well ;)

As for conflagrate.. i dont see it as a waste of immolate at all.. i tried several times yesterday and i just put immolate and searing searing and conflagrate and sometimes i did 1000 dmg with immolate and a conflagrate crit went up to 2000.. thats alot of dmg.. ok maybe diffrent playstyle but its fun to learn to master a pretty unusual build :p but this build isnt for everyone i think.. i wanna try all builds and then decide wich one that suited me best
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Code: Select all

i think.. i wanna try all builds and then decide wich one that suited me best
I did that too. I spent a small fortune on respecs :lol:

If I respec again it would probably be to this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122000000
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:

Code: Select all

i think.. i wanna try all builds and then decide wich one that suited me best
I did that too. I spent a small fortune on respecs :lol:

If I respec again it would probably be to this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122000000
Heyy thats my Soul Link build u have there.. exactly the same one.. if i cant stand full destru in the future im going to change to that one

Yesterday i was so happy with my build so now i need to collect some new gear.. the game just went sky high for me again.. and money on respecs.. i think im up in like 150 gold or so... is that much?

and if thats much.. is that much for u fenz and xen? :p
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Btw really fun discussing these things with u 2. Good to have feedback from people who know what they are doing <3
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Hehe that is your build, I reset it to make it into "my" Destr. build but didn't save it :P (Already did the SL thing :)

Should be something like this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5102005150

maybe drop the Aff. points and get improved succubus for another 10% to the damage output :twisted:
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Hehe that is your build, I reset it to make it into "my" Destr. build but didn't save it :P (Already did the SL thing :)

Should be something like this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5102005150

maybe drop the Aff. points and get improved succubus for another 10% to the damage output :twisted:
Yeah things i cant live w/o is demonic embrace, imp imp :p and shadowburn.. that sux because the coolest build would be nightfall, conflagrate and demonic embrace.. but as i tried u can max have 3 points to demonic embrace then :(

though i like imp life tap but dont u think that its pretty useless putting 5 points to corruption when not having nightfall?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

No, because it will help on rogues untill they fix CoA (if they ever do that).

Plus, insta spells are always nice to have.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:No, because it will help on rogues untill they fix CoA (if they ever do that).

Plus, insta spells are always nice to have.
Ok im thinking.. i have never been in a situation where i lost the rogue because of i dont dot them.. i mean corruption dont stop vanish and my playstyle is more like seduce the rogue asap and then go (with my new build) coe, shadowbolt, immolation searing searing corruption and maybe a new seduction just to confuse (i know it breaks fast)

But look at this scenario with present build: STAB OUCH

Seduce : Curse of Elements : Shadowbolt 5-600 dmg : Immolate 4-600 dmg : Searing pain 350 dmg : Conflagate 6-700 dmg : Death coil 600 dmg : Shadowburn 600 dmg .. =3200 in no time and if any of those spells crit it will add like 700-1200 dmg

And i see conflagrate as a good thing here because i remove the dot on him so i easy can reseduce or fear him

but i havent in the game been prooved wrong in this matter so maybe truth will hit me in the face some beautiful day but as it is now i own rogues easier than a bad eq warrior.. except for ud rogues offc.. they all have a mental overhand for me because i cant stand the freakin will of forsaken
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

i mean corruption dont stop vanish
He will become visible on the next tic I think.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
i mean corruption dont stop vanish
He will become visible on the next tic I think.
True but the thing is that i dont use dots on rogues so much because so far i find fear and seduce to be more effective
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

First, I wouldn't drop Intensity. I really, really miss it. It makes me absolutely unable to AE at all, and I hate that. It is so bad I actually want to take a mage along in instances where AE is required...

Also, shardtracker has spelltimers, so timing Conflagrate is very easy with that. I recommend everyone to install it, so you can also precisely time when you need to renew your other DoTs. Also, it's really useful for banish etc.

Next, Corruption is nice against rogues yes. But on the other hand, if you're really into the whole seduce thing you'll probably only use Immolate anyway, so you can remove the DoTs and reseduce whenever you want. Corruption doesn't really fit into this all. Besides, IMO corruption only really comes into it's own if you also have Nightfall. So all in all, I guess a Conflagrate build is better complemented by Demonology.

Finally, yes the ZG robe seems quite uber. Although being revered as a requirement is kind of a no-no to me. I guess I'll first go for the bracers, +sta & +dmg FTW. :P
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:Yeah things i cant live w/o is demonic embrace, imp imp :p and shadowburn.. that sux because the coolest build would be nightfall, conflagrate and demonic embrace.. but as i tried u can max have 3 points to demonic embrace then :(
I've also always had Dem Embrace and Imp Imp. In my latest build I didn't take Shadowburn, and i missed it really really bad. But being the affliction-junky that I am, I have to say I also really like CoEx, Nightfall and Fel Concentration. Not having instacast SBs just seems weird. :)
Jump in!
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

So the logical end conclusion from all this is delete wl reroll hunter right?!

ftw!