Dr Freeman

Chit chat
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I don't care about BW. How can you take anyone seriously who ties his (or her) fate to some silly furball?! We all know the real power lies within ourselves. Hence Prinz taking up 5 (imaginary) slots on his own for MC runs.
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I can't get the timers to work anymore on shardtracker :]
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Code: Select all

st timer on
That should work (it does here). Else just type 'st' and check all the commands.
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Did, doesn't work. Dunno if I want to try to figure out wich add-on is conflicting with it now.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:First, I wouldn't drop Intensity. I really, really miss it. It makes me absolutely unable to AE at all, and I hate that. It is so bad I actually want to take a mage along in instances where AE is required...

Also, shardtracker has spelltimers, so timing Conflagrate is very easy with that. I recommend everyone to install it, so you can also precisely time when you need to renew your other DoTs. Also, it's really useful for banish etc.

Next, Corruption is nice against rogues yes. But on the other hand, if you're really into the whole seduce thing you'll probably only use Immolate anyway, so you can remove the DoTs and reseduce whenever you want. Corruption doesn't really fit into this all. Besides, IMO corruption only really comes into it's own if you also have Nightfall. So all in all, I guess a Conflagrate build is better complemented by Demonology.

Finally, yes the ZG robe seems quite uber. Although being revered as a requirement is kind of a no-no to me. I guess I'll first go for the bracers, +sta & +dmg FTW. :P
I have to say i agree on all points there.. corruption sounds good when u get it explained to u but i never really had any use for it since i removed nightfall.

And intensity feels like a must when u aoe in BG and instances.. though i hoped for the stun talent to be better :(

I kinda feel spoiled with an extra attack that does that much damage.. im madly in love with my new build and i think ill hold on for conflagrate for some time now.. .. BUT i know the feeling of letting affliction go.. but it worked very good for me when i just told myself that i have to try every build otherwise i will never know what build suits me best.. offc coex and amp curse is good but i guess they werent my playstyle because i liked Soul Link build and Conflagrate build so much better

As for counters ive been thinkin of getting them but i didnt know how to do and were to lazy to check it up. But i will try when i get home.. but i have to say.. im having the insomniax addon package and im not so impressed with shard tracker.. icons disappear and stuff like that.. but i do like the "bag-sort-system" and it has become to dear of a friend to let go :p
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:I kinda feel spoiled with an extra attack that does that much damage.. im madly in love with my new build and i think ill hold on for conflagrate for some time now.. .. BUT i know the feeling of letting affliction go.. but it worked very good for me when i just told myself that i have to try every build otherwise i will never know what build suits me best.. offc coex and amp curse is good but i guess they werent my playstyle because i liked Soul Link build and Conflagrate build so much better
Yeah, trying out different builds is very good. I know Fenz has already reached the cap a long time ago. I usually try out builds on the testserver though to save some money (new respec will only cost 25g I think), although that's of course not the ideal environment (too few dmg gear :)). Builds I've played on my 'normal' char are: 22/8/21 (CoEx, Siphon, SB, Ruin) - I had this even before Siphon Life became en vogue by being instacast :) -, 31/8/12 (with Impr Drain Mana) for the longest time, I recently tested 30/21/0 but couldn't live without SB, and now I'm back to the cookiecutter DP build (31/8/12 - w/o Impr Drain Mana :(). So it's obvious my preference lies with affliction.

On the testserver I've also tried out 0/17/34, 30/21/0, 20/31/0 and 7/32/12. The only main build I haven't really tried is MD/Ruin, that's partly because I dislike Ruin, but more because I hate the whole Seduce/nuke cheese. :) I do like the Demonology tree, esp up till DS, but even then there is too much trash there IMO. But when we start doing BWL, I guess I have to turn to the dark side too, since fights are extremely threat sensitive there...

Lastly, it's always fun to think what you could do with one more talent point. :) I think if we had 52 points, I would spec 0/21/31. I love the whole Destruction idea but I cannot live with the downtime. Saccing a VW would provide us with an endless resourcs to blast away with. :)
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:
Lateralus wrote:I kinda feel spoiled with an extra attack that does that much damage.. im madly in love with my new build and i think ill hold on for conflagrate for some time now.. .. BUT i know the feeling of letting affliction go.. but it worked very good for me when i just told myself that i have to try every build otherwise i will never know what build suits me best.. offc coex and amp curse is good but i guess they werent my playstyle because i liked Soul Link build and Conflagrate build so much better
Yeah, trying out different builds is very good. I know Fenz has already reached the cap a long time ago. I usually try out builds on the testserver though to save some money (new respec will only cost 25g I think), although that's of course not the ideal environment (too few dmg gear :)). Builds I've played on my 'normal' char are: 22/8/21 (CoEx, Siphon, SB, Ruin) - I had this even before Siphon Life became en vogue by being instacast :) -, 31/8/12 (with Impr Drain Mana) for the longest time, I recently tested 30/21/0 but couldn't live without SB, and now I'm back to the cookiecutter DP build (31/8/12 - w/o Impr Drain Mana :(). So it's obvious my preference lies with affliction.

On the testserver I've also tried out 0/17/34, 30/21/0, 20/31/0 and 7/32/12. The only main build I haven't really tried is MD/Ruin, that's partly because I dislike Ruin, but more because I hate the whole Seduce/nuke cheese. :) I do like the Demonology tree, esp up till DS, but even then there is too much trash there IMO. But when we start doing BWL, I guess I have to turn to the dark side too, since fights are extremely threat sensitive there...

Lastly, it's always fun to think what you could do with one more talent point. :) I think if we had 52 points, I would spec 0/21/31. I love the whole Destruction idea but I cannot live with the downtime. Saccing a VW would provide us with an endless resourcs to blast away with. :)
Hehe yeah if the new instances demand respec then its nothing to think about really :p

My dream build is very demanding.. the most wanted things is here
Conflagrate, Shadowburn, Amplified Curse, CoEx, NIghtfall, MD, Soul Link, Insta pet (and offc demonic embrace, imp imp but those 2 i always get so cant really count them :p)
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

this is really a noob question but my wl is lvl 20 atm and i asked Lateralus ingme at one time what talents i should get but since i did an instance with morlog afterwards i kinda forgott. i already need a respec with my wl (i always start building a lvl 60 talent spec from lvl 10 for some reason instead of makeing a lvling build and then respec....)

so what talents are essential for lvling a wl and in what order?
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Depends on your playstyle but start with improved corruption 5/5 and Demonic Embrace 5/5. Personally I would get imp. sb, bane and sb after that.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Depends on your playstyle but start with improved corruption 5/5 and Demonic Embrace 5/5. Personally I would get imp. sb, bane and sb after that.
Yes and i think if u can u should max affliction tree because of dark pact so u can grind for ever.. and ever.. and.. ever.... mm
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

OK, you should just put all your points in Affliction from day one (lvl10 that is):
- Imp Corr 5/5,
- Impr Lifetap 2/2 & 3 in Suppression or Impr Drain Life,
- 5/5 Fel Concentration
<from this point on you also have Succy and can drain tank all mobs, with practice this leads to little or no downtime>
- Finish up Affliction up to Darkpact (Nightfall, Grim Reach, SM, CoEx, Siphon)
<level up to lvl59 and at 60 choose to respec, but you wont cause you will be hooked on all the affliction goodies and inf mana :)>

Alternatively, you can go demonology instead up to Demonic Sacrifice and sac VW to get +3% of your life every 4s. This might also be very nice for grinding, but you're kindof wasting all the points you spent on pet related talents.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:My dream build is very demanding.. the most wanted things is here Conflagrate, Shadowburn, Amplified Curse, CoEx, NIghtfall, MD, Soul Link, Insta pet (and offc demonic embrace, imp imp but those 2 i always get so cant really count them :p)
That's not 52 points though, that's more like 84. :)
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Well, in MC earlier today I really noticed how uber DP is. I could easily keep up with the speedpulling, even during the uberfast clearing to Ragnaros. And at Ragnaros himself, I had no mana problems whatsoever. I could just keep on SB/DPing, with an occasional LT when I reached max HP. Really, really nice, I don't think I used a single Crystal Water at all. :)
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Had no trouble too with lifetapping and only drinking when the raid stopped.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Had no trouble too with lifetapping and only drinking when the raid stopped.
Same here.. and the Felwood drops kept me shadowbolting all the time.. but i lifetapped to death and died around 18-20% though because i ran out.. so i will need more of those babys

Ragnaros is the most fun encounter so far.. cant wait for next time. I will bring som more shadowgear this time as well :p