New Job

Chit chat
geldric
Scout
Scout

New Job

Post by geldric »

Some of you may have noticed that within the last months I was often online on weekdays - whereas in DAoC you could usually only see me at weekends.

the reason is, that since 1st of March I have a new job. I grew sick of living in hotels, trains and planes 5 days a week, which came along with my job as a consultant. To balance out my work-life-balance better, last autumn I started looking for a new job, gladly sucessfully!

Since March I manage the corporate development department for a private chain of hospitals. (Corporate Development means addressing all stratecigal issues such as growth, market positioning, new businesses etc.)

The cool thing: The new job is located in Prien, which is in Bavaria, right next to the Chiemsee, one of the large (and in my opinion beautiful) lakes close to the Alps. From my flat I need 5 minutes on foot to get to the lake and from my office I can see the snow-covered Alps :) Prien is about 1 hour from Munich.

the other cool thing: I have "more regular" working times now and less travel times. This is why you often see me on during the week.

The bad implication: Tabs is still living in Cologne and we probably need to maintain shared flats until the end of the year - so we see each other only at weekends. That means, when you see us both online DURING the week -> we sit in seperate flats, about 600km apart...and if you see us AT WEEKENDS, we are usually physically at the same place.

I know I should have posted this in early March, but I was too busy with my new job and with WoW :)

Geldric
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We should set up some kind of system so that Tabs has male company during the week too! :twisted:

Ramiz lives closest, so he can do the first 2 weeks.
Last edited by Fenz on 23 May 2005, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

The real question is who Tab is seeing during the weekdays hmm? :)

But didn't you post this in March already? Or you already told me I think. But you are still coming to SMAC right?!
geldric
Scout
Scout

Post by geldric »

1) The real question is whom I am seeing during the week....cause my new (female) neighbour in Prien is a lonely woman and has already done internet research on me and invited me on a mountain tour :)

2) No, haven't posted it yet, only told you in private messages

3) Yes, we still plan to come to SMAC
thant
Scout
Scout

Post by thant »

So that is why Tabs invited me over...
Cologne here I come!!! :twisted:
Board troll
tabea
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by tabea »

You would be welcome!! :shock:
Cute Tauren!
geldric
Scout
Scout

Post by geldric »

Tabs, I just deleted your char :twisted:
tabea
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by tabea »

/cry
Cute Tauren!
Imoen
Scout
Scout

Post by Imoen »

belated gratz on the new job!!! that's awesome, altho sad you guys don't see each other full time.