Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Kibs - Troll Mage (surprise!!)

I wish i could transfer a second char >:(
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

Finally was able to login. To everyone still trying: forget it, the current testing setup is both a joke and an absolute waste of your time.
90% of the people online (which would be about 100.000 judging from the queue) is spamming general for "MC ANYONE ?????" just because they get a level 60 char with half-decent gear ...
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Oo
Kibs
Guild hopper

Post by Kibs »

xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I've finally returned to my former glory: AlienXen, gnome warlock60 8).
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Played a bit there with 30 aff/21 destr. ging redelijk ondanks de lag etc :)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I'm going to try out a Soullink + Nightfall build when I finally succeed in logging onto the server. Being in a queue of 6000 and the server going offline when you're at #1000 doesn't really help though :roll:.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

The man in action:

Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Managed to stay online for few hours i really like the warsong bg in the barrens quick 10-10 ctf action with 3 powerups one speed one dmg increase one health restore. Managed to explore it a lot cause someone logged out with the horde flag on him which made it vanish :P. Too bad just got disconnected after a charge :|.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Saw someone with the boots powerup but never saw where you can get em? Answer me!
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

just outside the flagroom...they usually aren't there though :P
ohhhh, clicky!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Read this on VN boards, didn't know about the airstrikes yet. Sounds nice 8)
After having played the Alterac BG extensively since it hit the test server I'd have to say that I find it more fun then DAOC pvp ever was.

First and foremost, there is a great deal of depth to the Alterac BG. There are many many different strategic targets. You actually want to take over towers, graveyards, and mines as they benefit your push or offensive capabilities. In DAOC, taking keeps was more about provoking the enemy to come to you. Also, The Alterac BG zone was designed such that terrain makes a difference in offense/defense.

Part of the complexity of the Alterac BG is how NPCs fit into the picture. Where in other games they are an annoyance, in the Alterac BG they are a key element to victory. The NPCs provide the extra amount of power needed to break stalemates and keep the fight dynamic. Cavalry unit patrols provide good defense while deployed land mines soften entire armies. Air Strikes help to secure the middle dead zone. The super summon does the same but also eventually charges the enemy main base. Constant teams of ground assault npcs keep the pressure up and can also be used to lead a flank attack charge. NPC archers in towers have an unbelievably long range (80yd?) and all guards in general hit very hard when upgraded. Players can even create and control elite shredders.

Next, the PvP in Alterac is fast paced. You don't wait 10 minutes for an NPC to portal you so that you can run another 10 minutes to join your army. Graveyards respawn the dead to full life every 30 seconds (while you have control of the graveyard). You generally always respawn close to the action and you can prevent other players rezzing at their corpse by skinning them.

Players also receive constant updates to what is happening in the battlegrounds. The map will change to reflect which targets are contested or controlled by a faction. NPC heralds yell a message when any target has changed ownership status.

I've yet to play the Ashenvale/Barrens BG more then a few games but it seems like it would be a good flavor. This BG is Capture-the-flag style and capped at 10v10. These games are won/lost quicker.
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Test server is teh suck, I will have no further comment on this issue!
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

BG is teh winzor!

p.s. moonfire spam = skillzzz!
ohhhh, clicky!