New warrior 1.11 talents

Chit chat
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

New warrior 1.11 talents

Post by Ithelia »

The new warrior talents for the upcoming patch is up and can be played around with at:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/

I've been looking into some serious tanking specs and am still trying to improve it, got loads of models on the table that I'm playing with, atm the main one looks something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?TihxzhbZVZxfzoe0x

Ofc I'm having doubts about the new prot tree as the improvement isn't really that astonishing, but I think it's worth trying to make something out of it.

Discuss and post :)
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

well what do you want to do with that spec?

investing that heavily into prot and not getting a concussion blow? a skill thats usefull against atleast sartura and other annoying mobs that clear aggro frequently in AQ

i wouldnt go for impale if i was making a tanking build tbh as the +20 dmg crit wont be that big a deal and your critrate usually is low in tank gear anyway and for pvp id prefer a different build altogether

imp sunder: this skill is usefull in UBRS and after thar in raid encounters it looses all its appeal as rage is plentifull thats no need to waste 3 talent points that could be put to better use in there

anticipation that raises defence by 10 is a lot more usefull since the defence nerf a few patches ago as 425 defence makes it impossible for mobs to crit you , crushing blows still apply though

as gear improves the need for that talent dissappears but its stil usefull in less then full tier2

as far as the prot tree goes you picked the usefull skills apart from the aforementioned

the changes to shield slam will be usefull i guess but i never played around with it in its previous forms so i dont really know

vitality will make it easier to keep the MT alive no doubt but as i said if i invest into the prot tree that far id just go full prot most talents that id want in the other trees are no longer availeble anyway
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?TV0LZVZxizse0xzt

something like this, still want to see final calculations of scalable shieldslam though.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

I read your comments Morlog, and can see your point. I made a new spec, that is alot more focused on becoming more vital, this is the first time I've ever considered making a full Prot spec, but as you said, concussion blow is what you want in that Sartura fight, and things like Improved Taunt will make it easier for the raid to burst damage and also easier to regain aggro in the fankriss fight, a talent I really wished I had when we were fighting that beast :)

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?TV0xZVZEfzoxMxzt

Still just sketches though.

I skipped anger management as I find it more of a pvp talent than pve, and felt that you won't make full use of it in high end, as there basically is no breaks except for those where your rage would decay to zero anyway.
Virtu
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Virtu »

Not playing still thinking about the game, though :P

my build would be like: (improved taunt could be an option, if the new dungeons are a bit like bwl, bossfights like ebonroc)
http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?TA0xzZVZxidke0xzz
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

I'm still interested how they think about the whole "Modified by attack power" thing on Shield Slam is about. And different ranks etc. Might be quite kickass if your kitted with some nice +strength gear and at least three pieces of Wrath.
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

I'd go for this...

Arms (13 points)

3/3 Improved Heroic Strike
5/5 Deflection
5/5 Tactical Mastery

Fury (5 points)

5/5 Cruelty

Protection (33 points)

5/5 Anticipation
2/2 Improved Bloodrage
5/5 Toughness
1/1 Last Stand
1/3 Improved Revenge
5/5 Defiance
2/3 Improved Sunder Armor
5/5 Vitality
1/1 Concussion Blow
5/5 One-Handed Weapon Specialization
1/1 Shield Slam
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

looks like they removed the +10% sta talent already :)
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

yeah vitality scheduled for 1.12 heres Tseric a blue post about it:
"Oh boy, are you going to hate me for this, but it's better we get it out of the way now.

Vitality in 1.11 will be removed. The devs want to use this talent, but don't like its placement in the tree. Again, they want to use this talent, but it is not fitting right for them now.

This change went in on Friday, so it was not reflected in the PTR build.

/fireresistpotion

You may now supply your feedback to this issue."

First calculations i seen for new shield slam too shows you need about 1900 attack power for it to do the same damage per slam as the old one in its current state on test:|. Sure it costs now 20 rage instead of 30 but not like rage is an issue when mting a boss. Basiacly its even a nerf for snap agro with taunt+shieldslam :P. I suspect it might get slowly upgraded though for upcoming patches like bloodthirst was.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Versus wrote:
First calculations i seen for new shield slam too shows you need about 1900 attack power for it to do the same damage per slam as the old one in its current state on test:|. Sure it costs now 20 rage instead of 30 but not like rage is an issue when mting a boss. Basiacly its even a nerf for snap agro with taunt+shieldslam :P. I suspect it might get slowly upgraded though for upcoming patches like bloodthirst was.
That was basically the first rank you get from the talent I suppose.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Nope it does around 200 dmg now at rank 4 without dmg counting from attackpower :|

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 025102&P=1
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

still nothing to get excited about much less want to spec it.
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.