why mages need love!1

Chit chat
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

sneek wrote:To ninja this thread... how imba IS blessing of salvation anyway?

Can 5 paladins salvationize 1 fella at the same time?
I think every person can have only one blessing on him. So DPS classes get salvation, unless they like to die.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

sneek wrote:As a sidenote to Xen - mages do get the most benefit out of damage gear in my opinion since they have Fireball at 3.5s cast.
A shaman has Lightning Bolt at 3.0s (same as a Mage's frostbolt) with plain less utility and more inefficiency.
The rest is instant cast Shocking which has very poor use of +dmg items.
I read somewhere that with talents you could get LB to a 2s cast, and it still retains it's +84% dmg gear efficiency. SB is same, but only reduces to 2.5s. And shammies outdamage me in burst damage (if properly specced), so I think their damage scaling is working fine.

EDIT:
LB is the best DD spell I think, I've looked it up on thott, and with talents you get +5% crit (and I think 100% critdmg), -15% manacost, -1s casttime AND clearcasting (so another -10% manacost, or if you're really cheap you just spam rank1's). And with all this you can still get NS... Let's just say I'm just happy shammies aren't invited to MC for DPS.
Last edited by xen on 16 Aug 2005, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Maugetar wrote:Excellent post! i Couldnt agree more. If u dont see the problem, either as a warlock or mage, then either has ur item progression been to slow, or quite frankly, u dont know what ur talking about.
I think I have very good gear, and I'm still not at my +dmg plateau, so I don't see the problem (+600/700 is reachable). Of course, acquiring better items will be more and more difficult, but not more difficult than say a warrior getting his SR. I'm just confused by mages and especially warlocks focusing solely on stats (int/sta).
Jump in!
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

no the problem is that warriors get all that +dmg without sacrificing stats, and often even getting magic dmg mitigation ( in the form of resist) where we sacrifice our stats for +dmg...now it might work great most of the time in pve ( not all the time, at some boss fights it more important for me to stay alive than do dmg, so i wear sta gear ), but if i have all dmg gear in pvp and no sta, when a physical dmg dealer attacks me i'm dead in one shot :P
ohhhh, clicky!
Braidwood
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Braidwood »

Off thread slightly:

Pally buffs:

Pallies have about 10 different 5 minute buffs - "blessings"

+25 mana / 5 sec - wisdom
-30% threat - salvation
+10% all stats - kings
+ attack power - might

and so on, freedom, consecration, loads!

each pally can only cast 1 blessing on a given person.

So in a 5 man party, the healers + mage get salvation, rogues get salvation or might, etc.

If you have 2 pallies, each pally can cast 1 blessing on you, so mages might get kings and salvation, etc

So in a 40 man raid, before a boss fight, you'll get ALL the pally buffs at once, each pally casting 1 blessing on the whole raid. It takes them a few minutes at the start to sort out the buffs (pally 1 does salvation, pally 2 does wisdom, pally 3 does....)

and then that pally keeps the buff on you.

Cos they are 5 minute buffs, generally they only keep the buffs on the healers during the battles. I.e. it takes 2 minutes just to cast em on 40 people, so by the time the pull comes in, you only get about 3-4 mins "fully buffed".

Hope that answers the earlier questions.

Braidwood.