why mages need love!1

Chit chat
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

why mages need love!1

Post by rmz »

good comparisation between mage/casters (in extent) and melee DPS/gear.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 329413&P=1
Razzie
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Razzie »

Read that post, and do not agree.

The comparison of the dmg *difference* of 2 random high-lvl weapons with another 2 random weapons for both melee and caster classes being higher for melee classes, is a bit far fetched imho.
Also, it does not include the fact that the caster class also benefits from the + int in that he has more mana, a benefit the melee class does not have.
He's also only explaining the +1% crit dmg advantage of the caster classes, but does NOT use them to calculate the total dmg output as far as I can see. So imho, the comparison is broken.

I really don't think that mages (or warlocks for that matter) need to have their dmg output improved gear-wise. But I'm sure there's always something to find for any class that calls for a nerf or buff of a certain class :)
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I agree a little bit. It's not that caster gear in general is broken, but just that the main nuke of mages benefits relatively less from +dmg gear than Shammies (who benefit most) and Warlocks. So for them it's more difficult to scale up in damage.
Jump in!
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by rmz »

ehm that last compare was between that blade and that staff well that staff is the uber staff for mages from MC i think it is a real good comparisation he explains quite good what melee classes benefits and what a mage benefits from 'the best staff from MC' extra mana doesn't mean extra DPS thats where you go wrong raz :-) in PvP you need burst dmg (aka crits) not mana.
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

Yeah extra mana is not really a benefit. I don't need 8k mana to kill somebody ( unless it's a pally or a druid, in which case i might as well just sort of walk away ). I don't need to be able to cast spells longer, i need them to do more dmg. Oh and by the way, you can't even say that it's a benefit that our items give more mana, since melee classes don't have a manapool to begin with :P

The problem is that every month that goes by i can afford it less and less for a melee to stand in range. Pre-60 it was basically a joke fighting a warrior, you always won. now some time into 60 melee keeps upgrading, and really, apart from a few items mages get no dps increase, especially no sustainable dps increase.

It's at the point really where if i allow more than 1 swing from a warrior i'm almost certainly dead ( MS crit, normal swing crit=1 and if i then allow another normal swing crit i'm withing 20%==dead mage, and that's with sta gear). and with the resist + stats plate in the game it's getting rather hard to either kite them long enough or do enough dmg in a short enough amount of time to kill them before they get that 2nd swing in :P
ohhhh, clicky!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Thinking everyone has a problem with facing warriors who got their act and gear together post-60 :)
Once a warrior hugs you, barring any unfortunate MISSES on the warrior's end, you're as good as dead.

As a sidenote to Xen - mages do get the most benefit out of damage gear in my opinion since they have Fireball at 3.5s cast.
A shaman has Lightning Bolt at 3.0s (same as a Mage's frostbolt) with plain less utility and more inefficiency.
The rest is instant cast Shocking which has very poor use of +dmg items.
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Excellent post! i Couldnt agree more. If u dont see the problem, either as a warlock or mage, then either has ur item progression been to slow, or quite frankly, u dont know what ur talking about.
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
Mycavycos
General
General

Post by Mycavycos »

*sigh*
Taurodomus
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Taurodomus »

Bah... mages are already imba!!!!!!!!!11111211241411
Virtu
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Virtu »

I still cant beat zaknafein / arjor as mages

xen + some other warlocks are insane too :/
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by rmz »

yes but you are a gimped warrior :p
Virtu
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Virtu »

yeah I am gimped only 5721 hp Unbuffed :(
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by rmz »

seriously tho;p warriors like Hurricane are the bane
Taurodomus
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Taurodomus »

why do you want more damage? i can understand for pvp but not for pve.
since we aint alliance and dont have Blessing of Salvation we cant do that much damage. sry have been reading to much imba post wtf pwnage bos shit on blizzard forum, but they have a point. alliance is imba!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

To ninja this thread... how imba IS blessing of salvation anyway?

Can 5 paladins salvationize 1 fella at the same time?