Dupe bug found (rollback?)

Chit chat
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Dupe bug found (rollback?)

Post by xen »

Well, another dupe bug has been found. People are even fearing a 3-day rollback, which would suck pretty much...
Jump in!
Breeze
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Breeze »

3 days of pvp / gold farming gone ?

nice, very nice :(
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Doubt they will do a rollback.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Razzie
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Razzie »

As Aeus stated, they won't do a rollback.

He also said though that they haven't found proof of this dupe yet. All these rumours going on about lvl 30 rogues in Mauradon.. I wonder if there really is a dupe exploit.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I've read an explanation on how to do it and people seemed to be able to duplicate his results, so I doubt it's a fake. I did hear only certain realms were affected, so maybe ours is not one of those.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Also, finding proof of exploits is not very easy. I'm not sure what player-actions Blizzard logs, but it can't be too much, since it would take up massive amounts of space (ideally, they would be able to "replay" actions on all servers). Besides, searching through such a database is not trivial.

Edit: in fact, I'm sure they have quite limited logs: the time we defeated Lucifron and we couldn't loot him, the GMs said they were unable to verify if we had killed him... (even though we tried to kill Magmadar a couple of times later on that run).
Jump in!
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

I understood they can play a characters actions back several days...
besides that loot bag was just a bloody copout by the GM's, like hell they can't verify that, something like that should be easy..

anywho, seems pretty obvious there's a dupe bug since people can duplicate the results like you said :)
also, 10 krolls blades on the AH is enough reason to investigate i'd say :P
ohhhh, clicky!
Razzie
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Razzie »

I also think they log almost everything - what you say, do, buy, sell, trade, train, kill, etc.

Yeah it'll cost ya massive amounts of storage, but with good compression, and, let's face it, storage is cheap, it should all be possible.

I think it will be funny that WHEN they reproduce the bug, all those people will be banned. And knowing blizzard, they'll probably be banned indefinately (I hope so).