dkp system

Chit chat
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

dkp system

Post by Maugetar »

Well, as u prolly know by now is that i do not think a dkp system of sort will be favourable.. I understand ppls feelings concerning this and sure it sucks when u lose a roll that u really really want, especially if its just some random dude that isnt even SM or Odium. Tho i really do think that the disadvantages outweighs the advantages.

First and foremost, i think a dkp system can create a unfriendly atomsphere. not uniquely between the new and old players, tho i think it will affect them the most. For example, how many warriors does SM & Odium have combined? They are many, and thats good :) warriors shouldnt be a scarcity. But whos who to tell that today it will be these 5 and the next the other 5? At start i dont think it will create much of a problem, but think about it, when points really start rollin in i think it will make for some serious disagreements. And thats just from a warriors point of view. Mages will always be prefered above rogues... Priests will ALWAYS be welcome.. Should u really commend and reward ppl for chosing the "right" class? I think not.

I think a dkp system will benefit those who play the most, and of course thats the point, tho not those who necessarily Wants to play the most, but those who Can play the most. I for one will feel pity for those that really cant, but really really want too join a MC raid every weekend.. A dkp system will never benefit them.

I think recruitment of new ppl will be harder, not impossible or anything, but harder. Especially when other guilds with a smiliar dkp system and have come alot longer than both SM and Odium together. Id like to think of Odium as a friendly guild that dont make differences between new and old players. Where we show alot of heart and solidarity to the new players and thats the big reason why they want to be in our guild.

I think it could become a stress factor. I want to play MC when i want to, not because i must. If i dont play i wont have the same opportunity as any other mage.

I think that all the ppl in a MC raid contribute as much as the other, if they are present the whole time of course. And because of that i think that all should have the right to roll. If they miss a roll, to bad... Better luck next time.

In the end, i think its about solidarity. If we in the future manage to play exclusively with SM & Odium in a MC raid, and we´re content with how our guilds are fashioned i think i dkp system will be even more irrelevant. Eventually ppl will get what they want and at least for me it doesnt matter in what succesion i get it. Say for example that u won a really really nice item in the former mc run and u dont really feel obligated to roll.. Then just dont, be big and pass for a change even tho u know its an incredible item..The person that won that item will never forget it.. If u dont pass?? Fine, its all the same..No harm, no foul. In any case, thats what i believe. Be nice and ppl will hopefully react to that.

Anyways.. I belive in good deeds and that it will pay off in the end.

//maug
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

/applaud

I played with a lot of the SM members for quite a few years now. In the end we play together because we have fun together (alltho Prinz in your guild isn't much fun :( ). We like to raid pretty hardcore and like PvP even more. What we do not like is to just recruit every person that wants to join us, even if that allows us to do big raids with just the guild. Allergic to 1337 kiddies we are 8)

A DKP system over 2 guild will not work imho. Even if a raidleader tries to do sign up's fair at some point people in the different guilds will feel that things are being done unfair and lootissues arise.

There are a couple of options:

- Odium starts recruiting like mad so they can do MC etc with the guild only. SM will miss out on some loot but everything that is attainable with smaller groups we will wtfpwn.

- We make some sort of 2 Guild DKP system. Alltho we never had a raid with only Odium/SM members yet.

- We merge and everybody learns Dutch! We do stuff on a need before greed base mixed in with 1 of the earlier mentioned DKP systems.

- We all drink beer, sing songs together and talk about the last soccermatch between Sweden and Holland!

just my 2s.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
prinso
John Lennon

Post by prinso »

Damn Swedes taking over our forum! :P
i'll just reply in this thread a bit :)

i'm not really against a dkp system but i also see the disadvantages of it, but i think those have been pointed out already.
for me personally i wouldn't care all that much either way, i join raids mainly to have fun ( making fun of ironzep in /gu ftw! :P), and any items i get i really only want to be better in pvp because for me pvp > pve.

in the end we can't really have a dkp system anyway as long as we have to invite people from outside sm/odium to join our mc raids
ohhhh, clicky!
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

yeah good points there Fenz.... you're not so stupid as you look :)

Items might be fun... but in the end it comes to friendship and having fun together. That what sorts out the "nice ppl" and the "leet idiot ppl". I rather play with friends and have fun instead of some loot disagreeing causing ppl to not have fun... if you understand what I mean.

Im so sick of all MC loot talk... let it go imo

And Fenz... let's NOT talk about the last soccer match - Let's talk about when Richard Nordstrand kicked Remy Bonjasky's in K1 Scandinavia this year!!.... err wait, nm :/
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

If you are not Dutch you are not much! Accept it and live your miserable life Skyly AFKBearder!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

swine!
Krita säger:
tabea
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by tabea »

heis still bearding in front of his comp?? evil Swede!! :)
Cute Tauren!
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

nice boobies, Tabea..... on the avatar!
Krita säger:
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

Haha :) I agree with what you say, Maug, and I also dont think it would be fair to anyone who plays a class, for example rogue, that wants to go to MC but who cannot because there are already rogues signed up, whereas as a priest if i wanted to go to MC then i could probably send a tell to Ark or Zak 5 minutes before the raid and then be allowed to join.

What i would like to see in the future is an exclusive SM/Odium raid with noone who isn't in our guilds, and I think there would probably be less tension as we all play together fairly frequently :P

Maybe there are other ways to improve the looting system in MC until we can have totally SM/Odium raids, but I do think that the points system is a bit too far
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

I think there's no need for a DKP system, just so i can get Prinz's loot! ;)

Anyway, i agree that SM / Odium only raids would have the highest fun factor, no need to worry about loot.
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

im pretty sure we can make pure smodium raids in a short time. both guilds have a couple of players coming up to 60 soon, and in odium we are about 45 lvl 60 right now. problem is the classes isnt the rigt ones and everyone cant attend everytime :p