Good point system? what do you think?

Chit chat
Shataz
Private

Good point system? what do you think?

Post by Shataz »

Heres a system that I think looks really good, its the system Memento Mori uses.

Outdoor raid:
Kazzak: 50 points
Azuregos: 80 Points

MC:
In the raid from the begining: 10 Points
Every hour in MC: 10 Points
Killed boss: 30 Points
Majordomo: 50 Points
Ragnaros: 150 Points

Onyxia:
Killed Onyxia: 90 Points
Every hour spent: 20 Points
Failed attempt to kill Onyxia: 20 Points

Minuspoints:
Spamming in raidchannel: -10 Points every time
Not informed AFK under 20 minutes: -40 Points
Not informed AFK more than 20 minutes: -70 Point
Not informed AFK more than 60 minutes: -100 Points + kick from raid

Epic item: -40% of your total points
Artifact: -100% of your total points
Fenz
old man

Few Q's

Post by Fenz »

What will you do against people saving up points for only 1 item?

What if all those people bid on the same (ultra rare:P) item at the same time? If you still have to roll that defeats the purpose of the system :D

If you can save for items you might be done quicker with MC and might not go anymore.

I am not against a system but I am not sure it will work between 2 guilds. Not unless everybody has an equal opportunity to sign up for raids.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

i dont really know, this is just the ground in the system, the questions you ask will have to be discussed upon i think. thats the kind of stuff that doesnt make it that easy to choose wheter to have it or not
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

but if it cost you 40% of your points you will probably not be able to buy all items for yourself, but it will be pretty fair
Arkandor
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Arkandor »

This is still the best sytem i have seen soo far...

http://www.guildportal.com/ContentContr ... onID=16367
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

i think that system has many good points, it gets extremly fair and so on. but it have a problem. it takes to long to save up for one item. it will take to long before anyone can buy what they want and before that, we will still have it the same way it is now, which means, basically anyone can roll for items
Arkandor
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Arkandor »

well that is easily adjusted... just lower the cost of itmes or highten the gain from bosses... for example...

we have done Lucifron, Magmadar both they are easy now imo they will give 1 pts each, Gehennas we still have som problem with... he will give 2 pts.... Garr and the following bosses we havenst even encountred yet so they will give 3 pts each and soo on... when we get used to Gehennas and Garr they will both be worth 1 pts each.
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

that is a good solution ark, i think the system should be able to start working immidietaly, and not after a month
Arkandor
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Arkandor »

weel it will still take a few raids to determine who have "earned" the drops the most... so from the point when the system kicks in we will most likely have to do about 3+ raids before any can start spending pts... but as sooner we start using DKP people will start earning pts...
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Personally I have moral objections in using the Mementory Mori system since they're Alliance and evil ganking bastards!

How about a null-point dkp system of sorts?

Everyone started out at the first MC raid with 0 points each.
Every purple item that dropped is worth 100 purple points.
All those points are divided amongst the players that were there at droptime.

Player with the highest purplepoints can get the a purple drop he/she desires, and the purplepoints are deducted from his/her account. A negative purplepoint balance is possible.

Same applies to blue drops, only the bluepoints are used to calculate drops.
This is to prevent comparing apples and oranges.

Items "sharded" (disenchanted) are NOT factored into purple/bluepoints.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

fine with any system wont have time most likely for any raids most of the time except maybe in weekend and i prefer pvp usually still over it :|.
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

then i suppose you quit work versus :p
Mycavycos
General
General

Post by Mycavycos »

I Really think Arkandor is right on the spot concerning dkp. The current looting rules are not sufficient. Mostly because everyone is not a carebear that dont care who get the "wtfpwn staff of uberness". I think its possible to apply any dkp system atleast over both SM/Odium but with random ppl it will be harder. We will have to give them a temporary point pool that they can spend on that raid only or something, i really have no idea tho : /

Anyway i am certain people (in odium atleast) will tire on raiding MC after having lost purple over and over again to less "commited" players. I already have a couple in odium saying they wont go to MC anymore w/o a dkp system. It is natural to heed the voices of the people making the most work and making highlevel raid content possible for us to do, thus we might have to sacrifice some of the solidarity (Or whatever the no sayers call it ;) to make them satisfied enough to continue their hard work.

I will stop rambling now and let others discuss this further :)

//MYCAVYCOS

Edit. This should be posted on one of the other dkp threads namely the one containing arkandors dkp thoughts.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Mycavycos wrote:I Really think Arkandor is right on the spot concerning dkp. The current looting rules are not sufficient. Mostly because everyone is not a carebear that dont care who get the "wtfpwn staff of uberness". I think its possible to apply any dkp system atleast over both SM/Odium but with random ppl it will be harder. We will have to give them a temporary point pool that they can spend on that raid only or something, i really have no idea tho : /
A possible solution to this problem is to first roll to see if SM/Odium or the PUG gets the item. If the roll goes to SM/Odium to use DKP from there.

Example: say a warlock item of uber leetness drops, and there are two regulars and one pickup warlock who want to roll, we first roll 1-3. On 1 the PUG gets the item, otherwise we use DKP as if it was a pure SM/Odium raid.
Jump in!
Mycavycos
General
General

Post by Mycavycos »

That might just work xen. It will certainly be a fair way to solve the problem.