English version of arkandors DKP-post on the odium forums

Chit chat
Shataz
Private

English version of arkandors DKP-post on the odium forums

Post by Shataz »

here comes the latest opinions from the odium forums in english. Enjoy!

"i was thinking about taking up some thoughts and opinions ive been thinking of the last few days. the first i would like to say is that the people thats against DKP is people that dont play very much, this is pretty obvious, a scoresystem wouldnt be to theuir benefit. the other group is the ones thats for a system. the majority of those is the ones that put their heart and soul in the game, farming reagents and stuff to pots before mc, putting up raids and so on. then there is a third group that doesnt think it really matters.

if we wouldnt start using DKP, what would it be like then? this is what i think.

if we wouldnt instate a DKP-system pretty soon, the people in the second group (the YES-people) will get tired. if they dont get anything for their hard work they will perhaps loose interest or go to antoher guild. what would the consequences of that be then? well there wont be any mc at all. i mean, how long will these people have the will to put down that much time for nothing? in the end we will stand there with a couple of less interested and engaged people that plays a bit here and there without organisation. you wont kill a single mc boss with that kind of a group. i mean, the people in the first group (the NO-people) will never put in enough efforts to put up a mc raid. if everyone thinks about it, its better with mc with DKP than no MC at all, am i right? if MC will work Odium and SM will have to keep the guys who really work hard for this. there is already a big dissatisfaction and people have begin seeing solutions in changing guilds, im thinking mostly of Virtuez in this case, but more players will leave in time.

so will a DKP-system always guarantee that the people playing the most gets all the loot? the answer is NO. take the system Myca posted a couple of days ago. (http://www.guildportal.com/ContentContr ... onID=16367)
if we would start that system the following would happen;
if we do one MC a week... right now we kill 2-3 bosses every MC. if Arkandor would play all these times it would take like 10 rounds before he would get a guarateed roll on a epic item.... 1 point per boss and it takes 22 points to roll.... but what happens with all the other loot until people have gotten that much points? well its open for all people.
and according to what Maugetar wrote above, to show solidarity because everyone will get their items sooner or later. sure thats right, but its the same in a DKP-system, because when the people that play the most have gotten their items the other players will get them too. the only difference is that the people that play the most gets their items first, which is only for the good.... the more items the experienced people get the longer into mc we will make it.

this is only a few thoughts of me.. ill post more when i can.

i see both advantages and disadvantages with a DKP-system, but if we loose the "hardcoreplayers" it wont get any more raids at all, think about that."

freely translated by your beloved Shataz AKA Dangrok
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Im against it.. And i can say with most certainty that i am among those that play the most in Odium. A dkp system would benefit me alot. It would benefit Arkandor even more, because and 3 or 4 of them fit in a MC raid. Luckily for him.. Druids are scarce, but just hypotheticly imagine if they were not?? Then the situation would be a whole lot different.
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
Arkandor
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Arkandor »

LOL Maug that is not even the case... I would even consider a DKP system that does not involve druids... druids can roll as we always have done for what i care... but u cant see it can u?? people will leave SM and Odium becuz they do not use DKP system... and the people that are goin to leave are the ones hosting the damn raids and always makes MC possible... but if u dont think this is relevant i would like u to host the next MC raid without the people that are infavor of this... pls do so
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

actually maug, arkandor already gets all that he need more or less, since there is so few of druids. and i know that it will benefit me alot too in the end. but thats not why im for it, i will not be able to participate that much the upcoming weeks, which means i will have ledd points than other people when i can play mych again. but the case is, im for a DKP system only to keep our guilds to still be good guilds in a few months, because people will leave if we dont start with DKP.