MAGE HEAVEN

Chit chat
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

Next patch!

Mages
* Cold Snap (Frost) cooldown reduced. It is now in the Ice Block position in the talent tree. This ability will no longer reset the cooldown on Fire Ward.
* Conjure Mana Gem (Rank 6 - Emerald) now restores 1800 to 3000 mana and has three charges.
* Ice Block (Frost) is now available on the trainer to all mages at level 30.
* Icy Veins (NEW Frost Talent) decreases casting time of all spells by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will freeze the target by 25%. Lasts 20 sec. 3 min cooldown. It is now in the Cold Snap position in the talent tree.
Pay no attention to that man behind the Kororo! (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Frostmage, AR/Prep-rogue and Discpriest will be definitely be dominating 3vs3! (as they did already)
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

Nah... these are good fixes, but don't change much for arena since Frost will still be superior to other specs, due to the many options and increased survivability (bar Ice Block).

Think you can still rate AR+Prep Rogue + Warlock/Frost Mage + Resto Druid as one hell of a combo.. should prevail over other setups (even a good Priest can hardly be the nuisance which a good Druid is).
Goatlord
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Goatlord »

Damn that´s nice!
I've always wanted ice block, and now i can get it without respeccing! :D
Fuzzy
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

At archimonde: Blink after you use slow fall/tear and you will be on the floor and take 0 damage. If you blink before slow fall (no matter how fast you do it) then you MIGHT be oneshotted with falldamage.
Pay no attention to that man behind the Kororo! (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php)
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

i want to go for a frost specc next couple of weeks because of season3. Any tips for a nice spec which i can also raid with or is frost really not good enough for pve at the moment?
Aenima
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Aenima »

Blahran wrote:i want to go for a frost specc next couple of weeks because of season3. Any tips for a nice spec which i can also raid with or is frost really not good enough for pve at the moment?
Frost isnt good enough for PVE at the moment :(
Ive tried all spec i can think of..
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Aenima wrote:
Blahran wrote:i want to go for a frost specc next couple of weeks because of season3. Any tips for a nice spec which i can also raid with or is frost really not good enough for pve at the moment?
Frost isnt good enough for PVE at the moment :(
Ive tried all spec i can think of..
It is imo. My frostmage hero Lhivera (US forums) says this about it:
Essentially, with stats very similar to what I carry now only genericized for spell schools, in 2.2 Frost comes in ~7% below 10/48/3. With the same stats in 2.3.2, Frost comes in ~2% behind 10/48/3, and ~5% behind 2/48/11. So the gap is narrowed significantly vs. Fire casters with similar DPM, and is narrowed moderately vs. Fire casters who sacrifice some DPM to improve their DPS.
An imba analysis in this post (ice veins/coldsnap):

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 05&sid=1#0

Find more of his posts on the US forums. He is 61 frost btw. I think he can put trash in MH almost locked down with a blizzard 8) Would like to see that sometime.

Alltho it might do (a bit) less damage the utility is great imo. My frost mage is almost L61! :lol:
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Aenima
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Aenima »

With the ice veins/coldsnap changes frost should be usable in pve again. But atm it doesnt hold up i think. What she refers to is a static fight when standing still and just dpsing. Not many fights are like that and thats when ignite shines alot brighter then frost.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Aenima wrote:With the ice veins/coldsnap changes frost should be usable in pve again. But atm it doesnt hold up i think. What she refers to is a static fight when standing still and just dpsing. Not many fights are like that and thats when ignite shines alot brighter then frost.
Most bossfights in MH/BT are static tho. If not the top locks will not spec destro. Not saying fire won't be superior but the gap is closing. No idea about arcane tho but as far as I read most mages will pick up Icy Vains. Survivability is insane tho on frosties and it needs a nerf!1!11 :twisted:
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

Like Ahenima I tried a lot of frost (and whispered with him about it) and frost isn’t even close to fire. Besides the dps the bigger problem is range imo. In many fight “spacing” is very important and a big range helps a lot. I tried some AB/AM build but the range kept on bothering me so I had to use FB to be useful.
The veins will decreases casting time of all spells, so I’ll try some Fire builds with some frosttalents (upto veins) just to see how it will work out. As far as I see it, these changes (trainable iceblock) will make even a bigger gap between fire and frost since fire-mages become better at staying alive.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
or http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0010000000
(and coldsnap/Iceblock will be veins/coldsnap then ofc.)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

anyone played around with iceblock and the new gems yet!? cant wait to get home and kill rogues in AV´!11!!11.....
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Going for a more aggressive dps build today, and will hopefully get the chance to test it out on Sunday.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=odZxgMzfcIoeRtbhG0o
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.