SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

sneek wrote:2H's really nostalgia.
Not really optimal either.

Then again, you could say that enha's not really optimal for anything but group buffing ;)

What made you dislike the Shaman?
Warlocks I bet :D
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sneek wrote:2H's really nostalgia.
Not really optimal either.

Then again, you could say that enha's not really optimal for anything but group buffing ;)

What made you dislike the Shaman?
well i was leveling him up to heal .. but i wasnt really into healing. elemental is ok with leveling but i cant see myself as ele in arena/bgs. enha was okish also.. pretty easy spec to play when doing dailys/grinding.

so i think im gonna use him as a grind-daily-bot together with my rogue

mainly it was the healing thing tho, thought it would be funnier

also i started to level tons of alts to find me the one alt im gonna focus on.. it was either shaman, rogue, warrior or hunter. feels like my rogue is the easiest toon to play,, dont want nothing to challenging since i want to be as best as i can be on my lock also ^^. doubt i can ever play 2 classes well
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Developer Class panel

Post by Nerwen »

Shaman

* Totems will affect the entire raid!
* Strength of Earth and Grace of Air will be merged
* Windfury will be changed, so that druids are affected by it too. It's no longer a weaponbuff, but a buff.
* Rockbiter Weapon will be replaced with Earthliving Weapon which increases healing done
* Flametongue Weapon will increase spell damage
* New ability: Hex. Emergency CC spell that makes the hexxed target unable to cast spells. 0.5sec casting time, 8-10sec duration
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Developer Class panel

Post by Lateralus »

Nerwen wrote:Shaman

* Totems will affect the entire raid!
* Strength of Earth and Grace of Air will be merged
* Windfury will be changed, so that druids are affected by it too. It's no longer a weaponbuff, but a buff.
* Rockbiter Weapon will be replaced with Earthliving Weapon which increases healing done
* Flametongue Weapon will increase spell damage
* New ability: Hex. Emergency CC spell that makes the hexxed target unable to cast spells. 0.5sec casting time, 8-10sec duration
nice buffs :)
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Developer Class panel

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Nerwen wrote:Shaman

Rogue buff lol
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

How are shamans to play nowadays? Have we gotten any new abilities that work well against rogues?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Gorlom wrote:How are shamans to play nowadays? Have we gotten any new abilities that work well against rogues?
Shamans perform terrible against rogues,just like every other class!
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

We all like to whine on rogues occationally but since I haven't played the game for a year and a half that has kinda lost its charm.
What I'm wondering is if any of the new abilities gotten since the expansion does anything to destealth, snare or disrupt rogues? Anything to break stunnlocks (can they still stunnlock?)? Does shamans have any form of crowdcontroll yet? Can a shaman attack a stealthed rogue without spotting him? (ie when I quit magma and nova totems didn't hit rogues in range that were stelthed and chainlightning got nerfed so it didn't jump to them.) Or is the only weapon shamans have against a rogue using vanish a flame shock?

how often does the earthbind totem tick? does it acctually ever slow players?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

We all like to whine on rogues occationally but since I haven't played the game for a year and a half that has kinda lost its charm.
Melee is king at the moment in WoW.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

Fenz wrote:
Why is that?

You are still playing warlock are you not Fenz?

(btw.. was there ever someone in the guild called Prinz or something? I seem to recall there was... and something about canada, but my brother didn't seem to know what I was talking about.)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Gorlom wrote:
Fenz wrote:
Why is that?

You are still playing warlock are you not Fenz?

(btw.. was there ever someone in the guild called Prinz or something? I seem to recall there was... and something about canada, but my brother didn't seem to know what I was talking about.)
Armor penetration is one thing, people doing arena/bgs usually wear armorpenetration to lower allready low cloths armor. There are also alot of complaints about stuff like mace stuns (warriors). Rogues ability to lock down someone for alot of time etcetc

Prinz played pre-BC as a mage or something, quit ages ago.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Prinz played pre-BC as a mage or something, quit ages ago.
Dutchie, moved to Canada with his gf and got domesticated there 8)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

The last footage of prinz!

http://gprime.net/video.php/magicmissile
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Fenz wrote:
Adding to what fenz said(even tho we have disagreed on that part for ages),pvp=arena pretty much nowadays,where a game of rock-paper-scissors.Rogues have the characteristic of being a part of 90% of top combinations and you can usually find a couple of them in a 2v2/3v3 team, hence why everyone whines about them.

Since you show some added interest to them,shamans are really rare on top comps (along with paladins).

2v2 arena is dominated by rogues,warriors warlocks and druids.
3v3 arena is dominated particularly by rogue/mage/priest and druids
5v5 arena is "the most balanced" bracket aka scissors-rock-paper
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Apparently WotLK has changes for the melee stat aspect for Enhancement.

1 Strength = 1 attackpower.
1 Agility = 1 attackpower.
1 Intellect (with 3/3 talent points invested in enhancement) = 1 attackpower.

This essentially implies you should stack agility, instead of strength.
Agility still gives critical strike and dodge, I presume (unconfirmed).

Also with Intellect adding a point of attackpower, we're basically forced into the Hunter gear niche (mail).
Unless you're comfortable skimping on your mana capacity - which is doubtful since I see Maelstrom Weapon to be a gas guzzler.

There'll likely be typical DK/Din/War jewelry as well different Rog/Hun/Sha jewelry.