Blizzcon tidbits

Chit chat
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

The dual-spec feature will probably have like a 48h cooldown on it.
Its not on the fly at least, you can't switch spec's between pulls or something like that.

I doubt Blizzard will make it so that all the 'pure' classes get replaces by the wow version of hybrids (if you ask me wow doesn't have any real hybrid classes).
And its not like any of the aura's/buffs will stack, blizzard made sure of that some time ago.
Also, mages bring control, so we won't see raids without at least 2-3 mages soon.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Yaur wrote:The dual-spec feature will probably have like a 48h cooldown on it.
Its not on the fly at least, you can't switch spec's between pulls or something like that.

I doubt Blizzard will make it so that all the 'pure' classes get replaces by the wow version of hybrids (if you ask me wow doesn't have any real hybrid classes).
And its not like any of the aura's/buffs will stack, blizzard made sure of that some time ago.
Also, mages bring control, so we won't see raids without at least 2-3 mages soon.
Well druids can root inside now so they got that covered also ;)
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Wrong

You should be able to switch spec between pulls if you like.
blue wrote: The Dual-Talent spec feature will let you switch between your two specs without having to go back to town. You can perfectly do it between fights in a raid, however it won't be possible to switch specs in the middle of an Arena Match. Your keybinds and glyphs will be saved and automatically switched as you change your spec. An itemrack-like mod might also be added to the game to make switching even easier.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Ithelia wrote:
psythe wrote:ith, int buff isnt the only thing a mage brings though :P
But they dont bring 5% spellcrit either, unless they adding something new that I dont know of yet 8)

Or the possibility of respeccing to healing in case thats needed in the mid of the raid.
well this is were you are wrong we bring 10% crit we rock eat that moonkins

Improved scorch: Your damaging Scorch spells have a 100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 2% and lasts 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Winters chill: Gives your Frost damage spells a 100% chance to apply the Winter's Chill effect, which increases the chance spells will critically hit the target by 2% for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

I agree that pure dps classes got a point however while hybrid can switch between tank/heal or dps/heal or tank/dps; pure dps classes can switch between a pure pve and pure pvp spec. Also been mentioned a few time by blue that dps classes should still beat hybrids but not by much anymore and player skill can make the difference here.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/7/10972022 ... ee-it.html

Also hybrids will focus in the beginning prolly on one set of gear first diminishing their second function with gear which should give dps classes a leg up too although this will diminish in time again till the next expansion/raid content patch.

(also i need water as din!!!! 8) )
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Lateralus wrote:
Wrong

You should be able to switch spec between pulls if you like.
blue wrote: The Dual-Talent spec feature will let you switch between your two specs without having to go back to town. You can perfectly do it between fights in a raid, however it won't be possible to switch specs in the middle of an Arena Match. Your keybinds and glyphs will be saved and automatically switched as you change your spec. An itemrack-like mod might also be added to the game to make switching even easier.
Guess my information was old then, not sure if I like this.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

Smells like:

If you suck at doing what you do (or not do), or if you are not active, you can easily be replaced without a raid having to worry.

I like the WotLK changes altogether, from what I've read. Can't understand the Mages' (and Ithelia's) concerns... maybe you have missed the whole changes to the buff system??
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Ithelia wrote:What buffs do normal dps classes bring, well poisons will be active for rogues now, but a mage brings intellect, and now that mages and boomkins dps are in the risk of being same base dps, why would you bring more than one mage when you can settle for a boomkin who brings raidbuffs or an elemental shaman with all the totems.
Well, I'm not that into what the pure DPS classes will bring but from what I've read the goal is that all the buffs will be reduntant. You won't need a moonkin to get the 5% crit aura, you can bring some other class and that will provide the buff aswell.
Yea, but thats how it is now. If you enjoy your mage, you can bring it, because its a real dpser. You wont see any mage today say "Oh but I must reroll moonkin to be important for dps". Though that might be the effect in case the hybrid dps is on par with the mage in which case the mage might very well go as you said, go moonkin cause the dps is just as good, and they bring both Motw and moonkin aura to the raid, with the option to respec healing on bosses or hard trash just like that!
Yes, if you play a mage. If you enjoy playing retribution paladin you won't get a spot in the raid since your DPS sucks compared to everyone else.
On the other hand you could see a paladin say "I have to reroll mage to play DPS since retri paladins won't get chosen for DPS spots"
And replacing all mages/locks/rouges in the raid with druids or paladins (since they can spec tank/healer/dps) won't ever happen since there will be no encounters that require the entire raid to be either tank or healer - there will always be need for DPS.
Yet you say " I for one do not enjoy playing mage, so I'll be healing on my paladin." Have you even seen retri DPS? It's not sucky, thats for sure. And the way they evened out tanks a paladin tank is not inferior on some bosses, or thats at least the devs. aim I cant say anything since I havent tried anything out myself, but the goal is that all tanking classes should be able to tank the same bosses w/o differences.
I'm talking pre-LK now, retri paladis as they were before the paladin revamp. Now they're on equal level with the rest of the DPS and as such a perfectly good alternative for a DPS spot.

As I've understood everything I've read the goal is that you can get all buffs/debuffs with a few people (say 5) and then the rest of the raid should be chosen because you want them in the raid. Not because they bring a certain buff or do more DPS than the other classes. Is it was before it was better to bring a mage than a retri paladin even if the retri paladin was a better player because the mage had better DPS. As it is now it won't matter if you bring the mage or the paladin since they've got equal DPS and they both bring reduntant buffs to the raid.