Multiple Expansions?? (swe link=TRANSLATED mkey?)

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Multiple Expansions?? (swe link=TRANSLATED mkey?)

Post by Lateralus »

The king of bullshit (one of our most famous newspapers) says this:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/stor ... 23,00.html

For you non-swedes it says pretty much this

Paul Sams the blizzard.. (boss?) says that the first expansion Burning Crusade is on its way. And after that they plan to release one expansion per year :|. They also tell that we should expect the expansion this year.. yeah i know they want us to think that but personally i take all those statements from blizzard half-serious ;)

Over N Out!
Sparky
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Sparky »

king of bullshit true ;d :oops:
Taurodomus
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Taurodomus »

nah its half-true atleast.
saw a blue post on the forums that they plan on release the next expansion in about late 2007 or ealr 2008
Sparky
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Sparky »

TavröDömus wrote:nah its half-true atleast.
saw a blue post on the forums that they plan on release the next expansion in about late 2007 or ealr 2008
money abuser :x
Taurodomus
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Taurodomus »

Q: What's an expansion cycle that you would much rather prefer to see?

A: My preference would be once a year... but I can't guarantee anything! *laughs*

Seriously, our ideal scenario would be to release new expansions on a regular basis and it is something we will aim for, but given the nature of game development cycles, we may not be able to reach that goal right away.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/fpe ... rview.html
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Yes heard the same thing about Expansions.
They plan on doing that faster now.

Interesting concept though, assuming here that with every expansion you'll have another 10 levels to contend with :)
Keeps the casual gamers more excited as well as to offer them continual leveling experience.
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

knowing blizzard.... that will never happen in such a short timespan.
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

camelot managed to throw out 1 a year .. think you kinda need to to keep ppl interested (altho you could see adding stuff like aqt, nax etc as mini expansions .. daoc never did 'free' stuff like that (cept for the new rvr stuff, but people didnt even WANT that :P )
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

sudo wrote:camelot managed to throw out 1 a year .. think you kinda need to to keep ppl interested (altho you could see adding stuff like aqt, nax etc as mini expansions .. daoc never did 'free' stuff like that (cept for the new rvr stuff, but people didnt even WANT that :P )
Yes and how did that turn out ? They have to run "Classic" servers now because of the shit expansions.

They did release free expansions, about 2 of them while I played, but this was with minor additions like housing for players and stuff like that.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

oh yea forgot bout housing ..

well the thing was that with all the toa and shit, it would be SO much work to switch to a new character or even server, cause you had to do all the shit again .. on classic you just get to 50, SC and you're done for pvp .. at least until they added champ levels etc. Same kinda applies to wow I suppose .. its not easy to switch main .. (unless you dont mind sitting on the bottom of the list for gear ofcourse)
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Expansion will be released 28 November 2006. As written by Verstradomus in the year 1300